3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The absolute LOUDEST EXHAUST

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 02:36 AM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The absolute LOUDEST EXHAUST

ORIGINAL: Hemipwr07

ya not having a muffler is bad..you need the back pressure or you will burn up your valves..so iv heard. i think if you got cherrybomb glasspacks thats the loudest you could get. i myself (like pyro) jus got a 44 series in the mail today. got extend my pipes because right now i have a 50 series and its longer than the 44. so i gotta get that done but once its on it should be da bomb!..hopefully
I'm having the exact same problem! Gotta hunt down an extra 4 inches worth of 3" pipe so the damn thing will fit. I was going to weld it on tomorrow, but I neglected to take note of the fact my 50 series is 23" long and the super 44 is only 19". Any ideas on where to pick up a section of pipe cheap?

Old 05-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Matt99
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my cats back to a Y pipe and then straits back, with 3" rolled tips. It is pretty damn loud in 1st and 2nd gear between 2 and 2.3k RPMS but is sounds like a beast. I have gotten comments pretty much every time i have started it up around people,and i have people at redlights asking me about it every day. My friends all have aftermarket exhaust done on their truck and without question will tell anyone that mine sounds the best. its not too great if you wanna be quiet but it sure does send chills down your back when you get on it. Yesterday, 4 little punks in a 2wd 01 QC F-250 came by with their windows down, and yelled "dodges suck ***, *****!" and this as i was pulling out of the gym! haha well i stopped by them at the next red light and was like why dont you get out your daddy's truck and say that again...so the driver revved up and i gave them a lil bit of the dodge, and after the green light i shut them up...I never figured i would stomp a diesel but i guess i was wrong!

Old 05-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

ha i love shutting people up..esp punks. but pyro i have no clue. my friends said get some flex tube and put it on, but idk if that will work. ima do some searching and if i find a place b4 you do ill let you know. it surrre is a pain in the butt tho ha

Old 05-24-2008, 12:13 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

SLP's loudmouth exhaust....sounds just as loud as an open exhaust but has a lot better tone. Straight pipe sounds like butt IMO...very raspy with a scattered tone. GMMG or Stainless Works also makes one of the best chambered mufflers i've ever heard...sounds just like 60's muscle and is loud as hell. http://www.gmmginc.net/ They don't have a catback system for the rams so you'd have to buy the mufflers and bring them to that exhaust shop..

Old 05-24-2008, 10:29 PM
deerjunkie
Amateur

ORIGINAL: Pyro

ORIGINAL: Hemipwr07

ya not having a muffler is bad..you need the back pressure or you will burn up your valves..so iv heard. i think if you got cherrybomb glasspacks thats the loudest you could get. i myself (like pyro) jus got a 44 series in the mail today. got extend my pipes because right now i have a 50 series and its longer than the 44. so i gotta get that done but once its on it should be da bomb!..hopefully
I'm having the exact same problem! Gotta hunt down an extra 4 inches worth of 3" pipe so the damn thing will fit. I was going to weld it on tomorrow, but I neglected to take note of the fact my 50 series is 23" long and the super 44 is only 19". Any ideas on where to pick up a section of pipe cheap?
Go to AutoZone, I just picked up a 3" x 18" pipe for $7.99. But beware that AutoZone only carries one piece of 3" at a time. I have no clue why, I needed three of them and had to go to three different stores.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Pyro
I Beat Tetris
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: deerjunkie
Go to AutoZone, I just picked up a 3" x 18" pipe for $7.99. But beware that AutoZone only carries one piece of 3" at a time. I have no clue why, I needed three of them and had to go to three different stores.
Alright, thanks man. The autozone around the corner from me didn't have any, and the clerk said they didn't carry it. I'll try another one.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:20 AM
De pinga!
Professional

Throw a Cherry bomb that biatch

Old 05-25-2008, 05:57 PM
kicker417
Veteran

i bet it sounds loud but how about the MDS can you hear it go into action

Old 05-25-2008, 09:38 PM
NJJer
Veteran

ORIGINAL: SeVeReDiStOrTiOn

SLP's loudmouth exhaust....sounds just as loud as an open exhaust but has a lot better tone. Straight pipe sounds like butt IMO...very raspy with a scattered tone.
I have 2 on my 4.7 Dakota. Love It!

Old 05-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

The LOUDEST exhaust you could possibly do would have to be 3" dual cherry bombs dumped after the headers.

Quick Reply: The absolute LOUDEST EXHAUST