3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
Keep the truck
20.45%
trade the truck in
79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Dealership crash my truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:11 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealership crash my truck

dude, try and get a deal on something with a Hemi

Old 06-22-2006, 02:16 PM
hmoneill

I brought my '03 RAM HEMI in for service about 4 weeks ago. They took it thru the wash before returning it to me and the guy spun the tires and slammed into the building and took out the drivers side rear quarter panel. They said they would fix it and give me a loaner. I asked them to repair a dent on the other side to compensate for my time and effort. They told me it wasn't their problem and they would just fix what they did. I had taken the truck to a couple body shops for estimates and they said the panel needed to be replaced. The dealer took it in to "their guy" and he started repairng the fender. I told them 'NO' but they said they guaranteed his work 100%. When I got the truck back (1 week) it looked like CRAP (Bondo city). I took it back to the dealer and they agreed it looks AWFUL. Now I have to bring it back in again and they will have him replace the fender. I also have a over-the-rail Line-X and told them to reuse Line-X for the warranty and they said they have the same stuff. I don't understand Customer Service at DC and how they can treat prople this way.

Old 06-22-2006, 02:21 PM
06QuadHemi

Hello,

My co-worker decided to take the day off today (took the ads home with him).

Anyway, I called the salesman that sold us our 2006 Lonestar Quad Cab Hemi for $12K off of MSRP (bought it Monday June 19th), at a different dealership from the ad I mentioned in my previous post. I asked him if he could still give $12K off all 1500 Quad Cabs on the lot and asked him if I could put his name and number on the Dodge Forum. He said yes to both. They don't have this advertised in the papers and you don't need an ad to show him to match. I only saw a couple of trucks that had dealer ads (nerf bars, receiver hitches, and 7 pin plugs). Ours did not have any dealer ads on it. I will have the nerf bars, receiver hitch and 7 pin plug put on it.

I know this does not help you with the dealership that wrecked your truck....I know you need an ad to show them, for them to match...

I am not sure if I can put the salesmans name and dealerships phone number this forum...Admin, please advise...

BTW: I do not get any type of kickbacks or incentive if anyone buys from this dealership. I do not like it when a dealership offers an add vehicle (only one at that price - and they have sold it before the ad even runs - case in point... When we bought or previous truck, my Wife found a special on this Ford F150 single cab, 6 cylinder ($9K off of MSRP). This was on a Tuesday night, we went to the Ford dealership on Wednesday evening and the truck was still there. We bought it. Went back that Saturday to get it detailed, and found out that our truck was the "Ad" truck...I saw that add (with my stock number) in the paper for the next 4 weeks....only one at that price.

Before we bought the Dodge Quad Cab Hemi, we were looking at the Ford SuperCrews. We visited at least 4 Ford dealerships and when I asked them about their ads in the paper offering $12.5K off MSRP, they all told me the same thing.....that 12.5K was either ONE truck at that price and it was sold, or they trucks were there but had around $6K in dealer ads. The best we found was $11K off of MSRP but that was for the 4.6.....they are not negotiating on the 5.4's. We wanted to upgrade to a larger engine, cause we are thinking about buying a travel trailer. Now we have a Hemi!!!!

Best Regards,
Steve

Old 06-22-2006, 04:02 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 06QuadHemi

Hello,

My co-worker decided to take the day off today (took the ads home with him).

Anyway, I called the salesman that sold us our 2006 Lonestar Quad Cab Hemi for $12K off of MSRP (bought it Monday June 19th), at a different dealership from the ad I mentioned in my previous post. I asked him if he could still give $12K off all 1500 Quad Cabs on the lot and asked him if I could put his name and number on the Dodge Forum. He said yes to both. They don't have this advertised in the papers and you don't need an ad to show him to match. I only saw a couple of trucks that had dealer ads (nerf bars, receiver hitches, and 7 pin plugs). Ours did not have any dealer ads on it. I will have the nerf bars, receiver hitch and 7 pin plug put on it.

I know this does not help you with the dealership that wrecked your truck....I know you need an ad to show them, for them to match...

I am not sure if I can put the salesmans name and dealerships phone number this forum...Admin, please advise...

BTW: I do not get any type of kickbacks or incentive if anyone buys from this dealership. I do not like it when a dealership offers an add vehicle (only one at that price - and they have sold it before the ad even runs - case in point... When we bought or previous truck, my Wife found a special on this Ford F150 single cab, 6 cylinder ($9K off of MSRP). This was on a Tuesday night, we went to the Ford dealership on Wednesday evening and the truck was still there. We bought it. Went back that Saturday to get it detailed, and found out that our truck was the "Ad" truck...I saw that add (with my stock number) in the paper for the next 4 weeks....only one at that price.

Before we bought the Dodge Quad Cab Hemi, we were looking at the Ford SuperCrews. We visited at least 4 Ford dealerships and when I asked them about their ads in the paper offering $12.5K off MSRP, they all told me the same thing.....that 12.5K was either ONE truck at that price and it was sold, or they trucks were there but had around $6K in dealer ads. The best we found was $11K off of MSRP but that was for the 4.6.....they are not negotiating on the 5.4's. We wanted to upgrade to a larger engine, cause we are thinking about buying a travel trailer. Now we have a Hemi!!!!

Best Regards,
Steve
Congrats man, the 5.4 Fords are nice and strong but only after 2,000 rpms. They need more torque, the gas mileage tanks on them because they cant handle weight at low rpm, that why the Hemis are so great, they make tons of torque all over the RPM range. Go Mopar dude, I gaurantee that you wont go back to Ford trucks, i mean there is nothing wrong with them but the Hemis are stronger, congrats man.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:56 PM
donnie
Professional

Id say go for the trade in.
I would also wonder if this mechanic has had this happen twice before, why he is still there?

Old 06-23-2006, 05:03 PM
2005DODGERAm
Professional

The prelimianary estimate is $2336.46 and that those not include a new door just labor, paint, parts..

Old 06-23-2006, 09:52 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most company sponsored discounts are at $1000.00 behind invoice, and they're still making a decent profit. First ask to see the invoice, then start working them. Don't let them make this your problem, they screwed up YOUR truck!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2006, 02:19 AM
HEMI_n_Cali
Professional

Your probably better off selling it yourself then trading it in. Normally get more for it. Id only trade mine in for a Charger or a SRT-10 Ram.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:35 AM
2005DODGERAm
Professional

I think that i would get in to much trouble with a srt-10..LOL

[:@]The insurance would be crazy im only 19[:@]

Old 06-24-2006, 09:26 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

The insurance would be crazy im only 19 >>>>>

YIKES! A friend of mines brother who is only 22 let the bank repo his brand new Ford cause the payments and insurance combined were over $700 per month. He didn't have great credit and took negative equity on his trade in, I felt bad for the guy finally got the truck he wanted but couldn't keep it.

Quick Reply: Dealership crash my truck