3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

$7000 in rebates currently on 06' Ram..is this correct??

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:46 PM
raidermike67
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: $7000 in rebates currently on 06' Ram..is this correct??

There is a massive correction factor associated with the sticker price. I told the guy right of the bat I don't care about rebates, he didn't get it at first. I told him I don't care about payments, he didn't get it at first>>>>>>>>>

Rebates were factored into your price. I will only negotiate OTD deals(out the door) I don't get into a pissing match over payments etc....waste of time, the bottom line is the bottom line price of the vehicle. Full sized trucks, suv's etc. were the industry bread and butter for years but with the fuel crunch they are sitting on a TON of inventory. There is a big markup on these trucks, "facory" or "dealer" accessories are WAY over priced, the Bighorn edition I got was +$1700 then $1200 was deducted on the sticker for "bighorn edition credit"...

A dealer here had 100 Bighorn Editions with the 5.7 for sale for $18,999(advertising rebates of course) A used 05 with 10,000 miles books out at $22,000. I looked up used 05's last night, ranged from $25K-$28K for identical or nearly identical trucks as mine.

If the factory kicks in a $5k rebate then the dealer puts up a $4k discount, that looks pretty impressive, $9K off sicker price. My dealer CLAIMED if I brought my truck back in a few months to trade he would have to offer me more then I paid (lol, YEAH RIGHT, not buying that one).

ITS A BUYERS MARKET FOR FULL SIZED TRUCKS, IF YOU DON'T GET THE DEAL YOU WANT LEAVE, LET THEM CALL YOU BACK.

Old 06-23-2006, 02:03 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran

You seem to be confusing FACTORY rebates with DEALER discounts off of MSRP.
Personally, I don't know why vehicles even have a window sticker anymore. Nobody pays that much...I hope.

The factory rebates are far from a gimmick.
What can be tricky, is that one dealer might sell for $300 over invoice, one may sell for invoice, one may go $300 under invoice.

The best advise I can give anybody is to just ignore MSRP, look at the bottom dollar.
The only reason to use MSRP is to make sure you are comparing apple/apples when shopping different dealerships.

When a dealer advertises "$11,000 Savings". That is going to be (example) $6,500 in rebates and $4,500 in dealer discounts from MSRP.

Old 06-24-2006, 05:52 PM
06hemi

i currently work at a dodge dealer and the other dat i was looking through out inventory, and i saw that we still had an 05 which we rarely do, but i noticed the days we had had it in stock.. 385!! that caught me by surprise..

Old 07-02-2006, 08:45 PM
HazArD22083

dodgedlr is correct i just bought my 06 hemi QC with 20" 196 miles on it for 6000 rebate and 4500 in dealer discounts off msrp. got mine for 21000 when msrp was 32000. the dealer will get it down to what you want

Old 07-03-2006, 02:47 AM
Mega

Hello, please offer advice on how low a price I can get this for.
2006 Mega Cab 1500 SLT 4X2
MSRP $42,230
dealer is wanting approx $31,400
I want to give him $27,000.

It is a buyers market in this area, this dealer has over 40 Mega Cabs and over 100 Quad Cabs.
Do you think I could get it for less than $27,000?
Thanks

# 17" X 8.0" Forged Aluminum Wheels
# AM/FM Stereo W/6-Disc CD Player
Includes AM/FM stereo, 6-disc CD player with MP3 playback, 7 Infinity Speakers and steering wheel mounted audio controls.
# Fog Lights
# Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
# Light Group
Includes ash tray lamp, glove box lamp, front dome lamp, underhood lamp, auto dimming rearview mirror and dual illuminated vanity mirrors.
# Limited-Slip Rear Differential
# LT265/70R17E OWL All-Season Tires
# Mudflaps
# New Car Prep
# Power Trailer Tow Folding Mirrors
# Rear Power Sliding Window
# Rear Seat Video System
# Sirius Satellite Radio
# SLT Quick Order Package 26G
Includes vehicle with standard equipment.
# Trailer Tow Group
Includes 750-amp maintenance free battery, heavy duty engine cooling, heavy duty transmission oil cooler, Class IV hitch receiver and 7-pin wiring harness.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

I was in Florida last week and I heard on the radio that Dodge trucks could be bought for $10,000 off of the sticker and no payments for one year. I was in the Sarasota Area..

Old 07-03-2006, 12:43 PM
HoustonHEMI
Professional
Default Raidermike is correct

I get so tired of hearing about rebates, incentives, etc. I could care less about how much money the dealer is losing or the fact the salesman has to feed his family, blah blah blah. I think I've heard them all.

Bottom line is the botton line. How much is my drive out price after all the B.S. jargon? I don't give a rat's *** about extended warranties either. My take on those is if you have to offer one with your product then you're telling me you don't have a lot of faith in the product you're selling.

I have a buddy that owns a Dodge dealership here in Spring Tx, Spring Chrysler Jeep Dodge. I won't claim he and I are best friends but but on occasion we have a drink together.. He gave me what I thought was a fair deal at the time however it wasn't anywhere near the deals I'm hearing on this page.

I bought my Ram almost 4 months ago. 2006 Dodge Ram QC Laramie loaded out. Had a $37,000 window sticker. By the time I was done my drive-out price including TTL was almost $30,000. It came to around $29,636. With that said I walked away not thinking I made a great deal but a fair deal and that's good enough for me.

I think dealers should give the public credit for not being suckers. I would fall over dead if I walked into a dealship, asked how much for that truck and they replied with the rock bottom price first time.

H.H.

Old 07-03-2006, 02:00 PM
HazArD22083

you could probably get that truck for around 27 or 28... make it like you have other places to look for the same vehicle for YOUR price not theirs. let them sweat it out for a little cuz they wanna get rid of their 06s now for the 07s

Old 07-03-2006, 07:01 PM
BucnFan

I just bought an '06 and got about $7,500 in rebates. Good deals right now!

Old 07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

The bottom line is this......NEVER accept the first, second or third offer.....ALWAYS get up and leave or attempt to leave a few times.......I got up twice and headed for the door, this got me an extra $2K for my trade, figured I'd try a third time but this time they let me leave....waited for them to call, no call back, figured this was the best they would offer so went back that evening and picked up my truck. NEVER negotiate payments, always negotiate the price of the truck, they like to play games with financing by offering you a "better rate or the same payments" if you add a few things like a warranty etc......Don't fall for this BS either, negotiate ONLY the price.

Dealers don't particularily like negotiating with me because of this reason. Generally they like to get someone in there who is desperately looking for a car and is all excited about making a purchase, they play on that BIG TIME. I act casually interested and tell them I'm not in NEED of a truck but I'm looking for the best deal. When I got my Ram I ALMOST left the deal on the table, they gave me my price but the payment wasn't even CLOSE to what it should be considering I was only needing to finance $7k, they quoted me almost $200 per month and I was like WHAT, sorry I need to go home and think this one over. When I went back I found out they tried to slip in a few things without even asking, warranty, bed liner, running boards inflating the price but they were trying to offer me a lower interest rate for getting those other things. I told the guy I was going to pay it off in six months and I'd get those other things done on my own.

Quick Reply: $7000 in rebates currently on 06' Ram..is this correct??