3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone Raced a Titan????

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 03:40 AM
travelinman28546
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Raced a Titan????

I have read alot of posts about Titan owners claiming to have beaten the Hemi Ram... I have a new 06 Hemi Ram and wouldnt mind running one but havent had the oppurtunity.... has anyone raced a Titan either QC or RC????

Old 06-26-2006, 05:21 AM
raidermike67
Veteran
Default RE: Anyone Raced a Titan????

No clue, its 40 less HP not sure on overall weight etc. Careful man, been getting my ***** ripped for taking my truck up to 105 on an open stretch of road and posting it on here.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:47 AM
travelinman28546
Rookie

LOL well to heck with them... I didnt buy my Hemi to sit in the garage... No matter where you go or what you do someone will always complain.... I have a couple friends with Titans but they dont want to run them.... heck i thought with all the hype about how bad the Titans would be the QC 4x2 Ram it would be easy..... Thanks for the response man....

Old 06-26-2006, 07:17 AM
Ramman21
Professional

The titans will not be a problem for you. It wont be a straight *** whoopin but you will come out on top easily. Get an exhaust first though, dodge mufflers are HUGE and restictive. You cant expect to lose to a truck voted 2005 most "unreliable"

Old 06-26-2006, 10:34 AM
bobgraphics

<LAF> Just stay away from 1970 Malibu 396 SS's. Made my 06 Hemi look like a lardass.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Ramman21

The titans will not be a problem for you. It wont be a straight *** whoopin but you will come out on top easily. Get an exhaust first though, dodge mufflers are HUGE and restictive. You cant expect to lose to a truck voted 2005 most "unreliable"
Do you have a link to that or something? I have some people who would like to see that.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:31 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: nos4fuel

ORIGINAL: Ramman21

Do you have a link to that or something? I have some people who would like to see that.
Me too.

Also, if you race a Titan, make sure you get a good jump. Thier motor is a good one and they are pretty quick.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:16 PM
travelinman28546
Rookie

I bought a Hypertech Power Programer and installed it into the truck a couple days after I got it... I kinda felt like I wasn't getting power up until it hit about 3500 RPM... which would make sense, but I can definatly feel a difference in the low end power once I installed the programmer... I am sure I will get my chance to race a titan.... I was driving on the interstate a week ago and a 4x2 Chevy pulled up next to me when i was going about 70... he kicked it down... bad mistake for him because 70 is where my HEMI has a great bit of power... needless to say he saw nothing but tail lights.... and his g/f was laughing at him... I was looking at getting duals... however I have read some negative things about them... Has anyone talked to someone with a 06 Hemi with duals???

Old 06-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

i raced a chevy the other day almost the same setup as mine but he has 16 inch wheels and i have the heavy dodge 20s which is one reason i think i lost. both trucks were qc and both had small v8s and both of us had tow/haul on. the first race we lined up on a feeder road at 30 and stomped it and he beat me bad but he said his truck sucks from 0-30 and then from 30 up its got good power. then we lined up at a redlight and i kept my RPMs up by holding the break with my left foot and using my right to stay on the gas. i stayed neck and neck with him until my truck shifted. he only beat me by half a truck length because his truck holds out the gears longer. im gonna get a CAI and power wire and programmer if i can find it and run him again using 93 octane (which i started using full time now) and see how I do. i need to do something to reprogram the computer so that i can hold out my gears longer because i think i would have beat him if it hadnt been for the fact that my truck shifted so low.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:36 PM
travelinman28546
Rookie

I think you will be quite happy with the programmer... Mine cost me about 290 and I dont regret it abit.... I have heard there are other good programmers out there other than hypertech... the only advice I could give is to shop around and ask people... cause i didnt and it was too late when I bought the thing... the Hyper tech doesnt program shift points for the 06 Hemi... make sure you get what you want.... But my 06 shifts pretty well and has all around good power.... It is a little sluggish off the line but I think if I change out the 3:55 gears to something a little lower that problem can be easily solved...

Quick Reply: Anyone Raced a Titan????