3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1500 Vs 2500 gas milage

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 12:24 AM
BlkRam69
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1500 Vs 2500 gas milage

If your torn between the 1500 and the Power Wagon I say go for the Power Wagon.

My dad bought one (a 250 with plow in 1977) and that thing was (and still is) rock solid! The new one of course is far above the original in its capability but then again thats what its all about-what it can do.

If your more concerned with the mpg then really niether is the way to go.

My '04 Hemi came in at 14 mpg (average). The best highway was 15.7. City driving came in at 11.4. Worst was 9.4. Of course as others pointed out its all how you drive it.

I like to think of it this way.

We all love the power. Every time I pull up to a light I ask myself: can I take him (or) her (even as I'm rolling up). The light turns green and we go. It's fun to smok'em, but when it comes to fillin up it pains us all and the way things are goin its not gonna get any better real soon.

Now, what about depretiation? I traded my Hemi in and was in the rears after 1 year (30K miles). My miles fluctuate but 20-40K is ave. / year.

I traded for an '06 CTD.

Just let me say I got a much better look (and grip) on the dealers desk than I ever thought I would.

I now get 19-20 all day long and it's only getting better as the miles add up.

Long story short.

If your lookin for off road capability (and will use it often) go for the Power Wagon and if your lookin for the street racer the Hemi is a great choice but either way you really have to give up on the hope for good MPG.

But.......
If your lookin for HP, MPG, Resale, Longevity, Versatility, and Reliability the Dodge Ram of your choice powered with the Cummins is the way to go.

Or you could buy my used 04 Laramie QC Hemi loaded with 30K miles for around 17K.

Just my 2 cents

Depretiation (on gassers) is a B***h!

Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 AM
gobby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1500 Vs 2500 gas milage

Great information there!Thx for the advice.

Quick Reply: 1500 Vs 2500 gas milage