3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 04:00 PM
rob_net
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4.7 Speed

105 for me too

Old 07-03-2006, 05:57 PM
20brewcity02
Professional

y'all are nuts, somthing about 145 in a big *** truck doesnt seem like a good idea to me on a public road

Old 07-03-2006, 06:18 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

I just dont see a 4.7 doing 145, a Lightnings top speed is 147....

Old 07-03-2006, 06:19 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: 20brewcity02

y'all are nuts, somthing about 145 in a big *** truck doesnt seem like a good idea to me on a public road
Well yes it was a PUBLIC road but it was nearly a perfectly flat straight 4 mile stretch and in the middle of no where... I did NOT pass any cars nor did I see any cars before, during or after that speed run... Nor was there any houses for 20 so miles so it was a very secluded area. And honestly our trucks handle rather well at that speed ... it was very UN EVENTFULL to tell you the truth. But I do agree that speeding in and out of traffic endangering others is in fact CRAZY...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 07-03-2006, 06:25 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

ORIGINAL: HemiMan4451

I just dont see a 4.7 doing 145, a Lightnings top speed is 147....
Im sure thats not due to lack of power but more so lack of PCM alowing it. Also, when I had 3.55's my truck felt like it hit a brick wall at 100MPH... it would NOT pull very strong at all... I beleive this was due to the LACK of mechanical advantage. Since I had the 4.56's installed there is MUCH more mechanical advantage in all the gears... so when the wind resistance picks up ... the 4.56's help push through it more efficinetly than the 3.55's ever did. At 110MPH the transmission locks into overdrive and the RPMs drop like a rock but since I have the 4.56's (3.42 overall gear ratio) the truck is able to overcome the wind resistance. Im not sure why the Lighning is rated at 147MPH... but I will bet its due to the PCM having the final word and not because it lacks the power to go faster.... also what is the rear gear ratio on those... its quite possible that that is the reason why.

Can you see a 5.7L HEMI going that fast.... If your answer is YES then why couldnt a 4.7L that can WHOOP on a HEMI do it?

Also I let off at just over 5,200 RPMs... it was still pulling strong.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You all are quite correct to question
AirRam's claim of 140+ mph in his 2002 Ram.

Want reliable and truthful information
about how fast vehicles will go
based on hp, aero, tire rolling resistance and gearing?

Read this article:

ttp://www.etrucker.com/content/downloads/ccj0302.pdf

As you read the above article,
keep in mind that DCx official numbers
are that a 2002+ Ram 4x4 has:
Cd = 0.528
Frontal Area = 35 square feet

This is not the first time AirRam has been caught just makin up stuff when it suits him.

Follow this link to where he claims he did 20 Gtech runs testing KN filters:

http://tinyurl.com/q2zah

As to the 'greatness' of AirRam's 4.7 V8 in its present state of tune....
AirRam and I both know that it isn't running right
and hasn't been running right for months
because he slapped on heads and cams
without understanding VE tables and Air to Fuel Ratios.

For your sake AirRam,
you need to understand VE Tables
and how everyone - Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda, MoTec, FAST, MASSFLOWEFI, etc
followed Saab's pioneering work and made them
the 'Foundation' of their EFI software
no matter whether it is S-D or MAF.
Why?
Because their experiments showed ve tables WORKED BETTER
and turned an 'Art' into a real Science.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:43 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

LOL... hank your so UN INFORMED ... but you do make me laugh.

But like I said... you would avoid ALL questions to you... we are still waiting for your answers about your 3rd Gen Ram...

"Lets hear it HANK...back on the subject.... how fast have you gone in your 2002 -UP 4.7L Ram? Ok how fast have you been in your 2003-up 5.7L Ram... Alright.... I see this isnt fair for you Hank .... How fast have you been in your 2002 5.9L .... OMG hank you mean you dont have a 3rd Gen Ram? So what EXACTLY do you have to offer us as far as your EXTENSIVE experience goes... and please use your own words and no "CUT & PAST" Answers.... how much do you guys want to bet HANK does not answer this...

Im sure you will find some way to turn it back around to take another swing... dont you EVER get tired of your own BS hank? LOL "

And hank, stop trying to make people think your smart...we all know you can cut and paste information from "SMART PEOPLE" and try to blend yourself in with them so we think your smart too... But its not going to work. I honestly do not think you have more than 10 post that where made in your own words... EVERYTHING you type is some one else’s words.... Is this how you made it through collage? Or did you even make it that far? Perhaps you should spend less time TRYING to make others look bad and climb out of your own glass house… because we all know it’s full of cracks… or at least one CRACK!.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 07-03-2006, 10:05 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

ORIGINAL: HankL

You all are quite correct to question
AirRam's claim of 140+ mph in his 2002 Ram.
Ohh great here we go... Hank is out to mislead again.... Please hank have you EVER driven fast before? Over 90MPH? Was it scurry for you?

Want reliable and truthful information
about how fast vehicles will go
based on hp, aero, tire rolling resistance and gearing?
Yes hank, please share what your experiences are... oh wait you have none! All you do is pick at what mine are... but you add NO experiences of your own... All that does is raises questions on ..>WHO THE HECK ARE YOU? Your NOBODY trying to make the unknowing think your smart... but we all know your not.

Read this article:

ttp://www.etrucker.com/content/downloads/ccj0302.pdf
Good find... Yet another "CUT & PAST" but... I found that one enjoyable... Thank you...

As you read the above article,
keep in mind that DCx official numbers
are that a 2002+ Ram 4x4 has:
Cd = 0.528
Frontal Area = 35 square feet
Hank... you truely are an idiot! Its clear that you have never been over the speed limit in your life so what the hell would you know? Get off the internet and go speeding, then come back with SOME experience.

This is not the first time AirRam has been caught just makin up stuff when it suits him.
You know Hank... its you who lies to EVERYONE on this board. You offer your advice when you have ZERO experience... You have NOTHING to offer ANYONE... I do feel sory for you though.

Follow this link to where he claims he did 20 Gtech runs testing KN filters:

http://tinyurl.com/q2zah
Well Hank its nice that you post all these links, by why dont you show the rest of them... Below you will find the results to the AIR RAM, K&N DROP IN and stock G-Tech Runs hank has tried to discredit.. Hank only likes to post his side of things...
Below you will only see the BEST of alll the testing but each test was done more than 5 times...

Black is STOCK, GREEN is K&N and RED is =AIR=RAM=>... Lets all watch hank SQIRM like a worm!

As to the 'greatness' of AirRam's 4.7 V8 in its present state of tune....
AirRam and I both know that it isn't running right
and hasn't been running right for months
because he slapped on heads and cams
without understanding VE tables and Air to Fuel Ratios.
What the F do you know hank..> NOTHING .. You really have NO IDEA what the current state of tune is either... Please telll everyone WHO has tuned my truck... Ohh thats right YOU DONT KNOW... So one again your trying to act like you know somthing... but again your UN INFORMED! All you know is BG SUCKS! And thats true...

For your sake AirRam,
you need to understand VE Tables
and how everyone - Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota, Honda, MoTec, FAST, MASSFLOWEFI, etc
followed Saab's pioneering work and made them
the 'Foundation' of their EFI software
no matter whether it is S-D or MAF.
Why?
Because their experiments showed ve tables WORKED BETTER
and turned an 'Art' into a real Science.
Boy hank Once again YOU LOSE... Dont you get tired of being such a LOSER? Im not in the business of doing PCM re writes... unlike yourself I dont PRETEND to know about things I dont know... I let the professionals deal with it... LOL... Not everyone can know EVERYTHING like you do hank...

For your sake, go read a book or somthing and become INFORMED.

You once again proved nothing except your an idiot!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

[/quote]

Old 07-03-2006, 11:23 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am glad you enjoyed the etrucker 'Power Needs' article, AirRam.

Now why don't you plug in 145 mph into the article's formula
for a 2002 Ram that has a
Cd=0.528
and a frontal area of 35 square feet?

Since you say your engine was still 'pulling strong' at 145 mph
that means you still had at least 10% more in reserve.

Calculate it for us, AirRam....

Old 07-03-2006, 11:25 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

I am glad you enjoyed the etrucker 'Power Needs' article, AirRam.

Now why don't you plug in 145 mph into the article's formula
for a 2002 Ram that has a
Cd=0.528
and a frontal area of 35 square feet?

Since you say your engine was still 'pulling strong' at 145 mph
that means you still had at least 10% more in reserve.

Calculate it for us, AirRam....

NO I don’t need to ... I was there! I think its up to you to prove my Tachometer was wrong... Good Luck with that!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Quick Reply: 4.7 Speed