3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4.7 Speed

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 02:39 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 4.7 Speed

ORIGINAL: Ram_Sport

airram i think u should get an aft. market speedo sweet sounding truck. build a gallery i wanna see it
LOL... Yeah but that would not be enough for Hank... no matter what he will find some way to TRY and discredit what ever I say or do... he has been doing this for approximately 2-3 years now... He has yet to succeed, but his failing to do so just makes him more desperate to try and make me look bad... But it just reflects on him... I just wish he would not throw trash into good informative threads which he does ALL THE TIME because he lacks his own personal experiences. Most of us know him for what he is... but the new guys who don’t know him can be easily miss guided by his advice and LACK of experience.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 07-05-2006, 02:45 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense to you at all AirRam, but I really dont think a 4.7 QC can go 145 with only the mods youve listed. A 2 door SRT-10 Ram goes 154. A QC SRT-10 goes 151.

Old 07-05-2006, 04:41 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

ORIGINAL: HemiMan4451

No offense to you at all AirRam, but I really dont think a 4.7 QC can go 145 with only the mods youve listed. A 2 door SRT-10 Ram goes 154. A QC SRT-10 goes 151.
No offense taken... It is what it is... There are MANY people who talk the talk but have NEVER walked the walk (Hank)... I have been into speed all my life (mostly Drag Racing)... I dont just talk it... I walk it. Most of the pople who doubt have never been over 100MPH... because they find it scarry... Im very calm comfortable and relaxed at those speeds...

I will be honest and say my speedo was burried past the 120MPH mark and all the way to L-1 where is stopped moving.... So honestly I have NO actual number to show I was going any faster than 120MPH because the speedo stops there...BUT the Tachometer continued to climb all the way to 5200 when I let off. I do beleive that the 4.56's had more to do with it than HP alone...

If you look the SRT 10 with its 4.11's and .74 5th gear OVERALL gear ratio it is 3.04 in 5th gear... Not a very stout combonation for top speed. My overall gear ratio is 3.42 which is MUCH more favorable to push through the wind with higher RPMS at that same speed. Im NOT saying I can go as fast as an SRT-10...Im saying that I know I can go 5200RPMs in overdrive ..... If you do the math that equals to approximately 145MPH...

Im not trying to argue the facts... I was there. The next time I will try to take a picture for you guys...

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 07-05-2006, 06:46 PM
03SPRAYINHEMI

AIR RAM, I see your sig says u gotta safc2. I see them on ebay. Tell me how u installed it and set it up, im thinking bout gettin one. Any power diff??

Old 07-05-2006, 07:39 PM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Notice how AirRam is now backing off his 'whopper' of a claim,
now it is a bad tachometer.

Old 07-05-2006, 07:56 PM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

no thats not what he's saying, he was stating unless you can prove that he has a bad tach then maybe he may say okay, but you cant soooooo...........

Old 07-05-2006, 07:57 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

ORIGINAL: HankL

Notice how AirRam is now backing off his 'whopper' of a claim,
now it is a bad tachometer.

WHAT???? AUFK?
Hank, I never backed down what so ever..... the story has ALWAYS been the same... I think its you who is NOW coming to the understanding on what we are talking about, on that Id like to welcome you to the subject.... Top Speed in YOUR 3rd Gen Ram.... .... GET IT STRAIGHT OLD TIMER... I’m NOT BACKING DOWN ON WHAT I HAVE SAID WHAT SO EVER ... I have said from the first post that I used RPM’s to determine the speed because the Speedo only goes to 120MPH... If you had owned a 3rd Gen Ram you would have been familure with that fact.... and I even did the math for you because I know your not capable of doing it yourself.

Did anyone see me or get a hint that I was backing down? ?? Let me point out again Hank has brought NOTHING to this tread nor any tread for that matter... Hank your going to have to be MUCH smarter to get one over on me, the reason you have ALWAYS had a hard time making me look bad is for the fact that I don’t lie and I tell the truth all the time... Its the same reason why you always look bad... because you do lie... and hide behind links and "CUT & PAST" post to back yourself up but NEVER in your own words, you do this because you LACK your own personal experience. And the facts are ... you have NO experience to back up what you say EVER!

So on that I will RECAP what I have ALWAYS have said.

I have been approximately 145MPH in my 3rd Gen Ram, the way it was determined was:

SPEED x OVERALL GEAR RATIO x 336 / TIRE HIGHT = RPM

Nothing new for the rest of us hank.. just you.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 07-05-2006, 10:13 PM
03SPRAYINHEMI

AIR RAM, I see on your sig u have the apexi safc2. Tell how u installed it, where did you mount the controller, etc.?? What kind of gains did you see?? Im thinking about gettin one for my hemi.

Old 07-05-2006, 10:18 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

ORIGINAL: 03SPRAYINHEMI

AIR RAM, I see on your sig u have the apexi safc2. Tell how u installed it, where did you mount the controller, etc.?? What kind of gains did you see?? Im thinking about gettin one for my hemi.
I personaly have heard better reveiws of the SMT6. I had a speed shop install mine and it seems to help quite a bit BUT its only a band aid mod. I can alter the fuel curves to get close to what Im looking for but it takes a whole lot of time to nail it down. I plan to get rid of it when I get a stand alone PCM installed, I plan to have a FAST PCM installed next year before the TURBO goes in.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 07-05-2006, 10:54 PM
03SPRAYINHEMI

AIR RAM, (sorry I posted that message twice, It didnt show up on my computer) So was the safc2 worth the money? How much is the smt6?? where to get it? Im not planning on a turbo or s/c, cuz i SPRAAAAY!!! Which do you think would be better for me?

Quick Reply: 4.7 Speed