3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I was in a motorcycle accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 09:34 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I was in a motorcycle accident

Chet..............I know what you mean about taking every day as something special.
I'm in the Emergency medical field and see this kinda thing, almost (sadly) on a daily basis.
This job has changed the way I thhink about life.
You now, unfortunately, know this secret as well.
With this in mind, you WILL overcome your problems, as you now know, how precious life is!
God bless you my friend, My family and I wish you a speedy recovery and much love to you and your family.
Warmest of regards,
Al and family.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:51 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery. You may be down but deffinately not out. Im sure you'll overcome this and be out doing what you normally do after a while, it may take some time though but you'll do it. A close friend to my familly lost his leg too due to a motor cycle accident when he slid it under a bus and now he's out and about and you can hardly tell he only has one leg, so I know how your friends and familly must be feeling right now. but the good thing is is that your still alive, you still have your familly and friends to support you and catch you when you fall (no pun intended) and thats all that matters. Accidents happen and sometimes there is just nothing that you can do about them but as long as you are a live with your family and friends there for you I believe that you will pull through this and will be out doing what you love to do soon.

Best wishes

Old 07-10-2006, 12:56 PM
thump186
Record Breaker

OMG Chet thats terrible. I'm glad that you are doing good on your recovery. You seem like a strong person and with the backing of your wife and daughter you will be back in no time. Glad your ok man tc and enjoy the meds..lol TC

Old 07-10-2006, 01:17 PM
alcedo
Rookie

As a fellow rider my heart goes out to him and his family. No one knows why we ride these things. As youngster I had a few crashes, none my fault, cars pulling in front of us. Now at 50 something years I ride a HD and sometimes, if ya allow, ya ask yourself, what am I doing ???
We all know riding these things it is not of question of, am I gonna get hurt,? It is a question of when and how bad. I love bikes...........just be careful out there guys....... motocycles are unforgiving.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:51 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

The most important thing is that you're still here with us man, you're family more importantly! Puts things in perspective and really balances your priorities just reading the forum post from the guy that was there with your during the wreck. I can imagine that it's 100X magnified for you at this point. Good luck and keep us updated on your PROGRESS!

Old 07-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Tani1500
Champion

wow man, I your lucky to be alive. I wish you the best of luck on your recovery and that you can get through this. Ill keep you and your family in my prayers. as i fellow rider i wish you the best of luck and were all here to support you. please advise us on your conditon and how your recovery is going.

Old 07-10-2006, 03:28 PM
crazy1snow
Record Breaker

man really sorry to hear this. take care of yourself.

best wishes hoping for a speedy recovery.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Happydays

Chet,
Glad to see your doing good and have such a positive attitiude. Being a fellow 3rd gen Dodge truck owner and fellow bike rider, I know life throwes a lot of challenges at us. Being an old fart, 58 year's old, has told me that lots of times. Keep your chin up and keep us posted on your progress or just send us a note saying hi.
Happy

Old 07-11-2006, 05:48 AM
DubadubDodge
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a fellow Triumph owner (Daytona 675) it makes me sad to think that the Triumph brotherhood almost lost one of it's own. Your story gives all of us a powerful prospective on life and its ups and downs. We are all praying for a speedy successful recovery.

Old 07-11-2006, 05:57 AM
silentblinder9502
Professional

Hate to hear what happened to ya man, but one thing to remember....you are alive....I can not imagine what you are going through right now, but like it was said before, pain is temporary. Best of luck and hope you have a speedy recovery

Quick Reply: I was in a motorcycle accident