3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I was in a motorcycle accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:11 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I was in a motorcycle accident

Haven't seen an update, but I hope everything is going well for you. Just gotta let you know that there are a lot of people out here rooting for you.

Can someone PM his address so I can send him a card?

Old 07-12-2006, 06:12 AM
Duc916

I'm new to the forums as well, but have been riding for years. I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, but as everyone else has said...at least your still with us! I've just recently lost a friend this past month to a motorcycle accident, but it's a risk we are all aware of. As tough as it is....look adversity in the face and laugh! Wayne Rainey, a world class motorcycle racer had a horrible wreck, and was permenantly paralyzed from the waist down. He didn't let that ruin his love for the sport...he modified a shifter cart so he could still do what he loved. He had his friends and his family there to support him, and you should know that you do too!!! By all means, please keep your head up!!!

Pete

Old 07-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Jetpig
Professional

Thank God you are still with us. I know you will find gords of support here. God Bless you and your family!
Pig

Old 07-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's amazing how quick things can change. . .

take it easy and get better, then when you get that prothesis have them inlay a hemi emblem into it

Old 07-12-2006, 03:00 PM
BgBluRam
Captain

Coming from someone that works in the motorcycle business, it is something that I see way too often. It goes to show you that even the most skilled riders can have accidents. Thankfully, you are one of the lucky one's that gets a second chance, be very thankful for that, and those were some amazing people that you were riding with that day. They did everything that they could to save your life, and it worked. Your story gives a lot of hope to the families that are going through the same things. We all know that you will make a 100% recovery, because you are a confident person with everything to gain. Good luck in PT, keep on keepn' on, and you'll be ready to rock on again. God bless from all of us forum guys and gals! Get well soon!!!

-BigBlue

Old 07-13-2006, 03:29 AM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

hey buddy if u read this, hang in there as time heals get well asap.. glad u are alive man

Old 07-14-2006, 12:33 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello,

Thank you all for all the words and thoughts. Sorry, but I only get on the computer every few days right now. On Tuesday I was transferred to the VA hospital for rehab. I guess that means things are getting better. I've been geting in a wheelchair for a few hours every day. It's hard because my left leg is in an external fixator and cannot bear any weight, so i can't move it without assistance.
my right stump is healing well, I'm told, and as soon as my left leg heals I can start working on getting a prothesis fixed and fitted. Hopefully I can get one of those cool Flex-Foot ones with the chip and pump that will let me run!

They say God works in mysterious ways. Well, timing couldn't have been worse, but last weekend we found out that my wife is expecting again. My second child is on the way! Now I have no choice but to get better quickly!

Again, I don't have a whole lot I can say right now. I don't know what to say, really. But, thank you all for all the thoughts, words, and prayers. It means more than you know.

-nk

Old 07-14-2006, 12:56 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

ORIGINAL: Chet Ubetcha

Again, I don't have a whole lot I can say right now. I don't know what to say, really. But, thank you all for all the thoughts, words, and prayers. It means more than you know.

-nk
That's what family's for man, we're here to help pick one another up when the other falls down. Congratulations on being a father again, as I'm sure it's made you a happy person inside. If you need people to talk to, or just need to vent, remember your friends here at DF!

Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Absolutely! What DR said.

They say God works in mysterious ways. Well, timing couldn't have been worse, but last weekend we found out that my wife is expecting again. My second child is on the way! Now I have no choice but to get better quickly!
Maybe God is sending a message out to you? I normally don't try and get all philosophical but having another child at this time is great for you man. I've never been in the position that you're in now, but I've always heard that when someone experiences a life changing event that you've had recently, the quality of life improves for them. Not saying that your quality of life needed to improve! but that's a good thing. Hopefully you understand where I'm coming from with this. I'm not much of a writer as you can see.

Old 07-14-2006, 02:44 PM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

hey man congrats on the news about the baby, best wishes

Quick Reply: I was in a motorcycle accident