3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Hemi

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:30 AM
98 LS1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Hemi

Is it possible to make 448 RWHP just off of bolt ons on a regular Hemi ram? The reason I ask is a buddy of mine has one and claims those numbers, personally I don't see it. What's the 1/4 mile times for a rumble bee too? Thanks

Old 07-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Jetpig
Professional
Default RE: Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Hemi

I would ask to see the dyno charts. Not much chance of this happening........ unless the bolt on's include a healthy bottle of go-spray or a 7psi air mixer which I doubt. Sounds like some cumulative manufactured numbers to me. You know, exhaust -30hp, KN-20hp, etc.
Just my very humble opinion...
Jetpig

Old 07-20-2006, 11:04 AM
98 LS1

Thats what I figured, thanks! I don't own a Dodge yet, I have a LS1 camaro and he wants to run for money so I thought I'd do some research before I went and got smoked. I know there ain't no way in hell us LSX guys can get that kind of power unless we do a heads and cam swap with a good tune. I haven't seen any modded Hemi's around this area so I don't know much about them, how well do they respond to mods? Such as a cam swap and exhaust?

Old 07-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Nicky B
Captain

With cam's, heads, headers and the other simple bolt-on's like exhaust and such I believe 350-375HP is possible without spray. Add 75HP shot of nitrous and there is your 448HP and if he has 4.10 or 4.56gears his truck will be alittle bit faster. I don't think thats what your friend as done cause that requires about $3,500-4,500. If it is true that would one fast truck with good tires it be able to run probably mid 12's.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
98 LS1

From what he says he's stock other than bolt on's because I asked him if he was spraying or if he threw a cam in there and he said no. I'm in the high 12's now with a stock long blocked LS1 N/A, we are racing tonight to see who has what. I'm interested to see how well it does but I still say he's most likely in the mid to high 13's. We'll see

Old 07-20-2006, 01:26 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I do believe if you add just a turbo on it with the 7-8lbs of boost (i think) it'll bring the HEMI up to 415hp at the rear wheels with just that alone. but your also looking at roughly 5 grand+ for that turbo set up. and then with a decent exhaust, headers, CAI, Programer, 4.56 gears, 6.1 cam, new heads, a port and polish, other engine internals, plus a shot of NOS and you'll be well over that (A guy can dream). Now all of that is gonna run you at least 10 grand combined so I severly doubt he has anything close to it. Also is he talking engine hp or is he talking rear wheel horse power? Cause if he has the 5.7L HEMI the engine puts out 345hp but only puts out between 270-290hp at the rear wheels.

Just talking bolt-on's I think it would be close to possible if he had the turbo, exhaust, headers, CAI, progamer and NOS. But again I highly dout he has all of that.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 PM
98 LS1

He was talking RWHP, I was sure Dodge rated their motors at the crank so your right there isn't no way in hell he's pushing that much power. He's 21 and lives with momma and daddy still so I know for a fact he hasn't done anything extensive to the truck. I wonder though, what's the weight on a regular cab 1500 Hemi ram? I'm curious if it weighs more or less than my car. This should be a good race though, I'm going to embarass the hell outta him.

Old 07-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Nicky B
Captain

A regular Cab hemi 2wd weighs around 4800pounds. He needs atleast a 100shot of nitrous to hit the 12's with the simple bolt-on's like a chip, exhaust, and headers. If your car run's 12's you will I'm sad to say you will RAPE HIM! High 13's would be the best a hemi could do without cam's, worked heads or nitrous.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:04 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I know Im gonna regret putting this down but depending on what bolt ons he has on his truck he could possibly make in the high 12s most stock trucks will run high 13s - low 14s stock so it could be possible but without knowing what he has its hard to say if he stands a chance or not. is his an Automatic or a manual. Need more info on his truck to really tell you more about your odds vs his....you should probably whoop him though...maybe....

Also what kind of driver is he? Does he know how to race and do it right? and do you know how to race and do it right? Sometimes that will make a big difference too, if he's a better driver than you and you granny shift or dont know how to really race well then he could possibly beat you, dout full but it still could have a big affect on the out come of the race.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:19 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

here is a stock rumble bees 1/4 mile time slip

http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Ram-1...slip-7362.html

He needs to loose 2 seconds off his 1/4 if his truck was stock in order to beat you if you are running 12s, however the drivers experience does play a part in this too. Also if he is still living at home he could possibly (a big long shot possibility) be putting alot of money into his truck cause he wouldnt have any other bills.......

Quick Reply: Dodge Ram Rumble Bee Hemi