3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:04 AM
CNester
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

I just been through all of this with the dodge dealer. I thought Ishould have received this free due to Ii bought a 2006 dodge ram 1500 Thunder Road but it did not come with the badge and it states on the brosure under Thunder road packages that it come with a badge. The dealer said the brosure was printed before 2006 and was subject to change. Therefor the dealer says the 2006 thunder road did not come with the badge. Dealers said if i would like to have one i have to purchase it. So i bought one and received a discont of $6.00. Dealers says should only be one badge on the truck tailgate. I guss I'll put it on the drivers side of the tailgate. The Thunder Road Badge from the Dodge dealer is the same one you see on Ebay but without the Hemi badge. I just stick the words Thunder Road on the back tailgate and save the HEMI badge since it already has 2 of those on the sides. I hope this helps anyone out that has been confused as i have been about the (stinking) badges. Just something from Clint eastwood movie. thanks Charlie

Old 06-29-2007, 05:37 PM
ThndrRdSC

Just bought an 05' 1500 Quad Thunder Road.
It came with NO emblems for the ThunderRoad, so I did a search and found
some on ebay and also this forum. After checking prices and shipping on the ones
online, I went to the Dodge dealer (Strom Altman Dodge, North Charleston, SC) I bought
it from to see if they had them and for how much. Well low and behold, They not only had them
they put them on for me as well. Price: $0.00 for the side emblems. I did have to buy the one for
the tailgate but they put it on to for no charge. The guys in Strom Altman's service department rock.
For those that don't know the difference(cuase I didn't) the ones for the side come 2 in a pack and say
"ThunderRoad" the one for the tailgate comes 1 in the pack and says "ThunderRoad HEMI".
Hope all this helps.

Old 06-29-2007, 05:50 PM
ThndrRdSC

Just read some of the newer posts. E-bay items same as I was looking at. A couple are even by a dealer
in NC. Like I said the side emblems were FREE but I had to pay for the rear one $30.00. After price and shipping I thought it was gonna be easier to get it at my local dealer. I bought the truck used from this dealer but they had also sold it new. They rear emblem was available thru the parts dept. but the side emblem was in the service dept. section (not sure why this is). both are raised chrome with adhesive backings similar to the Ram 1500 on the side. Anyone interested can email me and I will send pics of both.

Old 06-29-2007, 06:22 PM
theHemiBeast
Professional

I have an 07 ThunderRoad edition and no badge. Honestly, I am glad.... less badging I have to take off. I didn't like them 'cause they're a bit too big for my taste.

Old 06-29-2007, 08:30 PM
nuttyprofessor
Rookie

When I had my 05 ThunderRoad i had to hav eth edealer put on teh decals.....no charge

Old 06-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Vandal77
Rookie

My 07 ThunderRoad hasa badge on it's butt ( tailgate ), under the 4X4 badge, and on both doors under the Ram1500 badge, does that mean I'm special?lol.
I have a pic, but can't figure out how the heck to import it to this reply? I click the postcard but it wants a URL. Punching monitor does not make it work. I'll get a hammer. Be back.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:21 PM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: theHemiBeast

I have an 07 ThunderRoad edition and no badge. Honestly, I am glad.... less badging I have to take off. I didn't like them 'cause they're a bit too big for my taste.
I have never seen the thunderroad badges on a hemi. My new 07 doesnt have them and i'm gladd -- I'd never live it down at work.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:28 PM
ae5dw

My '05 HEMI Quad Cab has the TR badges.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Mine doesn't have the Thunder Road Badges, but I have seen them on other Rams in my area.

I have no idea why some do and some don't.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:08 PM
slapshot12
Professional

My 07 doesn't have them either. Maybe it is a dealer installed thing, at the dealers option. When I was shopping, my dealer had dozens of the TR Rams and I didn't see any TR emblems. I have seen them on other Rams locally, but not 07's yet.

Quick Reply: ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge