3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speaker/Sub Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 04:47 PM
cr80renob
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker/Sub Question

I have a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Regular Cab that I want to put a new system into. But I have a few questions. First off, does a 6 1/2 inch speaker fit in the door? And secondly, can you fit a 10" sub under the two seats? And if you can fit the subs under the seats, where can you buy a sub box for it?
Thanks in advance!

Shane

Old 07-31-2006, 05:07 PM
nathanp
Captain
Default RE: Speaker/Sub Question

not sure about the speakers in the door. Yes you can fit two 10's under the back seat, but you are limited based on the size of the magnet and how low they sit. Best bet is to build a custom box if u can or else MTX makes a formed box. I posted picturs of my custom box last week you can look at them and get an idea

Old 07-31-2006, 05:09 PM
cr80renob
Captain

It's a regular cab truck so they have to fit under the front seats. Will 10" subs fit under the front seats?

Old 07-31-2006, 07:00 PM
nathanp
Captain

woops over read that. I doubt that they will, best thing would be to get a custom box to go behind the seat. Pioneer makes low-profile subs now to that would work best. They are only like 3" from the face of the sub to face of the magnet. Best way to go probly

Old 07-31-2006, 07:16 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

To answer your question the door speakers are 6x9s (had them replaced within the first week after I bought my truck. Secondly I doubt that 10's will fit under the seats There is just no room for them there (Ive looked into it and have had many installers look at it too and after they look at it they even think it be damn near impossible to do. There are however some 10s wich are only 3" deep but once you fit a box correctly around that it really doesnt fit. Personally I have 2 12's fitted behind my seats with an amp hanging back there too and 6x9's in the doors.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:56 PM
cr80renob
Captain

ORIGINAL: truckin151

To answer your question the door speakers are 6x9s (had them replaced within the first week after I bought my truck. Secondly I doubt that 10's will fit under the seats There is just no room for them there (Ive looked into it and have had many installers look at it too and after they look at it they even think it be damn near impossible to do. There are however some 10s wich are only 3" deep but once you fit a box correctly around that it really doesnt fit. Personally I have 2 12's fitted behind my seats with an amp hanging back there too and 6x9's in the doors.
Thanks a lot for your help! That answers my question perfectly. Looks like I'll be doing the same thing as you, new 6x9's and two 12"s behind the seats with the amps!

Old 08-01-2006, 10:46 PM
dRam2500CT
Rookie

I was recommended this at one point...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Box-Dodge-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem

I have a regular cab too and don't want to take up any of the little room I have behind the seats. Never purchased it though, just can't spend the money necessary to get a decent setup now.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:00 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: dRam2500CT

I was recommended this at one point...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hot-Box-Dodge-Ra...QQcmdZViewItem

I have a regular cab too and don't want to take up any of the little room I have behind the seats. Never purchased it though, just can't spend the money necessary to get a decent setup now.
Honestly the sub box and the amp dont take up to much room behind my seats. I have roughly a foot and a half +/- on each side of the box and the amp is hanging on the back of the cab right behind my seat about a foot or so up I have no clearance issues for anything I put back there. and all the wiring was hidden so nothing will pull out. All in all its a decent setup back there. The only thing I would suggest however if you do go with the setup I have is that you find some way of covering the box so that when the center seat is down you cant see the box any. A simple cloth covering over it to match your interior will do the trick to help it blend in and be less noticable and wont affect the sound any.

Old 08-02-2006, 04:20 AM
cr80renob
Captain

Thanks a lot for the info! I am having it carpeted to match the stock carpet already in it. So it should blend in alright. BTW, I ordered my system today 8-1-06: https://dodgeforum.com/m_524701/tm.htm !

Old 08-02-2006, 09:18 PM
dRam2500CT
Rookie

Wow $1900. Nice, that will be a good system.

Quick Reply: Speaker/Sub Question