3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

who makes the best air intake system

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 12:46 AM
arrowman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who makes the best air intake system

I'll bet most of you CAI owners also own copper or magnetic bracelets.....

Old 08-16-2006, 01:19 AM
schawks73
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: who makes the best air intake system

What company do you guys think makes the best cold air intake system (K&N, AEM, Volant,Air Ram)? please debate on this as much as possible because there are so many out there and im sure people want to know what is the best for their truck.
Obviously this guys is in the market for an intake, and it seems to me that since he IS in the market for one, he knows the difference it makes when you install it... all that BS HankL is saying about the AIR_RAM intake is a bunch of balony, if you look at all the top name brands that make a CAI for our trucks, youll notice that the DESIGN for them is all the same... and since the design of the stock intake is so much better than an aftermarket CAI (as you pointed out with AIR_RAM's as an example), why is the dyno and the track times saying that it is performing better?

And another thing...
After carefully looking over the Dodge Ram SRT10 air intake system
before spending any money on an aftermarket air intake
an owner ought to get a 'Second Opinion'
by carefully looking over the air intake system
on a 5L BMW V10 engine in one of the M5/M6 cars:

this BMW intake absolutely is designed
like airplane 'Ram Air' systems of World War II piston fighter aircraft
including the all-important 'Stagnation Plenum' chambers
in order to pick up the gains of a vehicle travelling at high speeds.

Air_Ram designs his aftermarket system completely at odds with the above BMW system
even though he uses a name intended to trick 'joe average' into thinking some ramming is
taking place.

If Air_Ram is correct
the BMW engineers are idiots who don't know what they are doing
Does the M5/M6 BMW look anything REMOTELY close to what the ram looks like... i didnt think so, those vehicles are CARS, they are COMPACT, they are LOW to the ground and are completely different than our trucks in every way... its like comparing apples to oranges... they are both fruit... they are both juicey...but do they look/taste/feel/smell the same... no.

HankL has made it his mission to put down, bad mouth, and try and shut down all business to AIR_RAM for no apparent reason... if you dont believe me, look at almost any post made by AIR_RAM and scroll down a little bit further to see HankL's contradiction to everything AIR_RAM has said...

On a positive note to HankL... i think this is his FIRST opinion i have ever seen him make... false opinion... but an opinion nontheless.
Air_Ram designs his aftermarket system completely at odds with the above BMW system even though he uses a name intended to trick 'joe average' into thinking some ramming is taking place.
I hope you can look beyond all this jibber jabber and just look at what you were asking... like i said b4 and ill say it again, i choose AIR_RAM's intake over any intake on the market, not only because it has been PROVEN through dyno and track runs that it has OUT PERFORMED any CAI it has gone up against, but it is also awsome looking, and you get to have the please of speaking the the owner and creater of the AIR_RAM Cold Air Intake system anytime you like from THIS forum and from other forums online.

This is a pic of the AIR_RAM CAI... and heres the site for it www.airram.com

Hope this helps...
-David

Quick Reply: who makes the best air intake system