3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lumbar Adjust Knob fell off???

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 05:58 PM
jeffjs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lumbar Adjust **** fell off???

I was getting out of my truck this morning and I heard a crack and a pop. I looked back and saw the lumbar adjusment **** sticking a little too far out.

I pushed it back in and tried to make an adjustment but it didn't work. It just broke right off.

I'm guessing this will be covered under warranty, but this was a new one for me. Something I haven't touched in about a year just broke off. My suit didn't get hung up on it or anything, it just cracked when I turned and got out of the car.

Such a small little thing, not really a big deal, but I am so pissed!

Old 08-03-2006, 07:17 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Lumbar Adjust **** fell off???

Mine is electric so I dont think I will have that problem... Perhaps now is a good time to upgrade to the electric lumbar?

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
jeffjs
Professional

I tried to search for the electric part but coulnd't find it. I wonder if I have to take the seat out to fit the electric solution. hmmm

Old 08-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Jetpig
Professional

Electric lumbar adjustment??

Are you sure we are talking about the same thing? I have the complete electric seat package and have a manual **** for lumbar support on the door side of the seat back. All other adjustments are on the side of the seat bottom. I was not aware there was an electric option available for lumbar.
Pig

Old 08-03-2006, 08:05 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never heard of electric lumbar either, but, you never know.

Old 08-03-2006, 09:06 PM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

i have an electric lumbar on my too, my seat is electric up down front back and lumbar but the back of the seat is manual, how weird?

but yea electric lumbar exists

Old 08-04-2006, 12:54 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im sorry... It must be a 2002 Ram thing.... I forgot as the years went on DC removed standard equip. off the trucks to save money... everyone was so HEMI blind they never notice the trucks where stripped down... go to the Junk yard and look for a 2002 SLT It will have the 100% electric drivers seat.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 08-04-2006, 01:44 AM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

ORIGINAL: AIR RAM

Im sorry... It must be a 2002 Ram thing.... I forgot as the years went on DC removed standard equip. off the trucks to save money... everyone was so HEMI blind they never notice the trucks where stripped down... go to the Junk yard and look for a 2002 SLT It will have the 100% electric drivers seat.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
I totally agree Air Ram, i went after i got my 2002 to look at a 2004 hemi 1500 QC SLT and it had the hemi, no power driver seat, no power center arm rest mommy dont know box (premium seating i think) but it was an slt and nothing like mine except it had the hemi, big freggin deal i will take my goodies any day, i dont need more standard power to get me more tickets

Old 08-04-2006, 11:17 AM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kewl, I learn something everyday. Thanks.

Old 08-05-2006, 06:09 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: AIR RAM

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
i drive an 03 and have driver's electric everything....maybe just options on the Big Horn/Lonestar?

Quick Reply: Lumbar Adjust Knob fell off???