3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FLO-17423 exhaust system for HEMI 2006 opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 05:58 PM
johnymauris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FLO-17423 exhaust system for HEMI 2006 opinions please

What do you guys think about this cat back system for the 2006 HEMI? I think it uses the 50 series hd flowmaster.

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/ramhemiflo.htm

Old 08-11-2006, 06:18 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Default RE: FLO-17423 exhaust system for HEMI 2006 opinions please

Sounds alright just a word of warning if your truck has the MDS System in it, it may sound really bad when it kicks in. Ive known alot of people and have heard alot of people on here who hated their exhaust after they put it on cause when the MDS kicks in and cuts half your cylinders it tends to sound really bad and gives out a horrible tone. I dont know if anyone has found away to fix this problem yet or not but just becareful to make sure you like the sound of it.

Old 08-11-2006, 08:45 PM
QUADCABHEMI
Professional

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
I heard this too

Old 08-15-2006, 10:41 AM
rkraly

I installed this kit about a month or so ago. I can say I'm pleased with the system, with a few comments.

First the "Cons": The MDS is obvious when its active. I can honestly say that it doesn't bother me, when it does i guess that's when I'll use the Tow/Haul button to get around it. Second the kit is intended to keep the first resonator/ muffler in place. I took the entire system off - both resonators and the huge barrel muffler. I guess that's your call, but after reading some reviews i decided to take both resonators off (not sure if the first resonator will help with the MDS Sound). If you go that route you'll have to get a longer headpipe. Other than that hang-up the installation was easy and straight forward.

Now for the "Pros": The sound at start-up is good (i guess any system will be better than the stock sound). The system is relatively quite at idle, slightly louder than stock which is ok by me (could be a con in someone else's opinion) The sound at acceleration is very good and exactly the sound i was looking for. When the system reaches cruising speed the system gives a nice tone, not a bad drone in the cab.

I admit these pros and cons are highly subjective, simply by 2 cents. Hopefully these ramblings are helpful, i hoped to get a sound file up. I know when i was looking a real sound clip would have been helpful. I haven't had time to make a sound file but maybe some day.

By the way the price on the link is pretty good i was able to get the system from a local body shop for $350.

Old 08-15-2006, 08:42 PM
New2Durango
Professional

Almost $400 and u're going to have somebody put it on too? I paid $170 for 2 Super 40s and I paid $250 to have 3" dual exhaust ran from the cats back WITH 2 4 inch stainless Silverline tips. My friend also had his duals made up for his "03 Harley F-150. If you have a Meineke or a reputable exhaust shop near u ask them how much they charge to run duals if u bought the mufflers to them. Might save u a few bucks. Also sometimes I don't even noticing the MDS kicking off and on because I'm not looking for it to do so. With the radio on it's even less noticeable.

Quick Reply: FLO-17423 exhaust system for HEMI 2006 opinions please