3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster 40 on an 06?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 06:06 AM
Mikec714
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flowmaster 40 on an 06?????

I also recently bought a 06' 1500 QC 5.7 Hemi, and like most i wanna hear what that engine is cookin.

I'm looking at flowmaster exhaust system as recommended by my sisters boy friend. He has a first gen ram 1500. Would it be worth it to buy a kit for the exhaust or buy the muffler then buy all the pipes?

i searched through the kits and came up with this...
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=4072

I see that that particular kit comes with a 50 series muffler, this is why im debating whether or not to just buy a muffler and all the pipes seperate. thoughts please

If i would go with just buying the muffler seperate i was looking at this...
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/pr...oducts_id=3449
Thoughts or experiences with the 50 HD?

And of course one big question is for the 50 series including the HD, how loud is it when idling/accelerating. I realize i will lose some "lvl of loudness" while speeding up for example goin on the highway, just curious though if it will sound beastly or like a little kid pushing around his fake lawn mower that makes clicking sounds. lol
also does anyone know if putting on a flowmaster would void the warenty on my truck in any way?

thanks

EDIT: I started my own thread here... https://dodgeforum.com/m_563555/tm.htm/m_563555/tm.htm, please share your thoughts reguarding my post there, thanks.

Old 09-18-2006, 03:06 PM
johnymauris

I've got an 06 hemi 1500 and just had the muffler shop (meineke) install a cat back system using the magnaflow with pipes straight out the back with chrome tips for about $400. They removed the large muffler and the resonator near the tailpipe. There was another resonator before the large muffler but we left that one in. I really like the way it sounds now, not too loud and not too quite, just right for me. You can hear when the mds kicks in but it's not a big deal, if you don't like the mds sound then use the tow/haul button and then it will operate on all eight cylinders and never go to MDS mode. Doesn't change your rpm abit and even gives you more solid transmission shifting. You will probably get the gas milage of a 2005 Ram. You got the best of both worlds in the 06, MDS mode or just simply switch it off if you don't like it. I also just installed the ebay CAI K&N filter two piece that connects directly to the throtte body and am very pleased with the quality of thAT product and especially the low price when compared with the name brand $300 CAI systems, can't beat it and I would highly recommend it, if you want a CAI system. Mine was about $70 total, that's with shipping. Took about an hour to install, easy trouble free installation on the 06.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:53 AM
bigcountry739
Rookie

The MDS has been scaring me away from getting an exhust on mine also but I think I'm finally gonna do it. Now to decide whether I want staight pipes from the cat-back or a FM Super 40 [sm=confused06.gif]

Quick Reply: Flowmaster 40 on an 06?????