3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006 | 09:38 PM
HemiBuell
Captain
Default RE: I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

BTW, I'll be waiting at the finish line when your Wenkel blows.
That's one of the funniest lines I have ever heard.

But I think it is Wankel, with an A.

Old 09-30-2006 | 04:03 AM
fd3sxiong

ORIGINAL: YeahItsAHemi345

BTW, I'll be waiting at the finish line when your Wenkel blows.

.[sm=icon_rock.gif]
ummm. Yeah sure....
Your idiotic post just shows me you should do have a lot of knowledge on a rotary.

My 3rd Gen. RX7 made 402 WHP on a street ported motor, HKS TO4S single turbo that is being manage by a MicroTech Stand Alone ECU. What people don't know, such as yourself... is that The "KEY" to keep the rotary engine running strong and reliable is all about "TUNING". My rx7 is tune at a 10:1 A/F under WOT. And I boost it hard and race it hard all the time. Has never given me any problems and it's been a year since.
BTW, it's "WANKEL" not Wenkel....

okay now back to topic.

Old 09-30-2006 | 11:07 AM
HemiBuell
Captain

I always here how good the rotary motor is. If they are such a great racing motor why aren't they more common?

10:1 seems really rich, is that for the turbo or does the motor need that ratio?

Old 09-30-2006 | 11:17 AM
speeddemon145
Professional

I have a reg cab ram 1500 2wd with the 5.7 hemi and Its quick but I had a new mega cab ram with the cummins in it eat me alive that truck was fast as hell My hemi could not touch him. so next truck I am getting will be with the cummins in it thats for sure.

Old 09-30-2006 | 04:28 PM
motorider228
Champion

absolutely if you are going to build something for speed cummins is where it's at, hands down. However, i'm pretty sure your truck should beat those stock.

Old 09-30-2006 | 09:39 PM
brianas
Professional

my 05 f350 with 3v v10 will destroy my new dodge with the 5.7 hemi
you guys gotta compare apples to apples
my SD as well as the dodge heavy duty with the cummins
is a totally different animal from these light duty 1/2 ton pickups
just my 2cents
Josh

Old 10-03-2006 | 12:44 AM
06POWERWAGON

You guys might be tired of this thread by now, but I had to add my two cents.
I am happy to say that after driving Ford for my last three trucks, I am extremely happy to have recently switched to Dodge. I love my '06 Hemi powered Power Wagon.

I had a 6.0 liter PowerStroke and now I have a Hemi, so I can give some unbiased facts.
A Hemi Ram (empty) will beat a stock PowerStroke (empty)...BUT, after adding a simple $400 programmer to the PowerStroke, that big diesel would absolutely make any Hemi Ram look like it was running on three cylinders!

I don't think most of you Hemi guys realize how fast the diesel trucks can be.
Off-Road however, the extra motor weight combined with difficulty controlling wheel speed (with the turbo) makes a recipe for one big stuck truck!

Old 11-09-2006 | 12:11 PM
dan0617
Rookie

Just read this thread, and laughed my *** off.[sm=wtf.gif] It was a good kill if it was on a safe road. I'll race anyone who taunts me, whether it be a powerstroke or a punchbug. And if I get beat, I'll shake the hand of the driver who beat me. Have a beer with him, and the loser buys.[sm=icon_cheers.gif] It's all about fun and enjoying what you have an obscene amount of money tied up in. Like was said before, anything can be made fast. A diesel can be made fast for cheap, but costs $5000 more initially. I have 2 friends that have campers similar to mine (all near 7000 lbs) One has a cummins in a 2500 qc longbed, the other has a F250 qc powerstroke. We all weigh near the same with campers and gear and all. I can walk away from them at any speed. Not fast, but I can. We are all very close. The cummins and powerstroke are both stock, and my truck and mods are listed below. The cummins and powerstroke run almost identical. I've been told that the powerstroke will shine through with more weight than that, but I don't know. I've also been told that any diesel would eat me alive when we both are loaded down. Not the case. I agree that the more weight that is involved the more the diesels catch up, and that they are easier to mod, but with my few mods I can pull away from them stock, loaded with 7000 or so pounds, and I didn't expect that. Just like the thread starter didn't expect to win. You guys need to be careful saying that diesels will smoke hemis and drag them around. Some will, some won't. I saw a duramax get pulled around by a 2500 hemi, mainly because when the turbo spooled up on the duramax alls he did was spin. Could not control what he had under the hood. Damned old torque management system helped a hemi kill a duramax in the very contest that the duramax was built for!!! Talk about one pissed off Chevy dude!!![sm=bomb.gif] Point is, don't post **** unless you know it is true.[sm=GrowUp.gif]

Old 11-09-2006 | 02:18 PM
dan0617
Rookie

.....sorry that my post said it was in reply to 06POWERWAGON. I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to the posts that people talk like the diesels are the only engine to buy in a truck, and that "trucks aren't made for racing" and all that crap. They all can be raced. They all can be hooked up and pulled. And they all bring the family and the groceries home. Some are faster, some are stronger, some haul a bigger family. Ya wanna line them up, have at it. And keep posting your kills when someone taunts you then you stomp them. That's what it's all about.

Old 11-09-2006 | 04:06 PM
soulman016

I agree with Dan 0617. I know an engineer who used to work at Ford and used to own an F350 dually with a powerstroke. He had done pretty much every mod imaginable to a deisel, from propane to ECU programming. He had close to 950 lb-ft. of tire shredding torque coming of the line, but he couldn't hook up. My 06 QC 4x4 with the 5.7L beat him everytime in the quarter, albeit with a small margin. Once he gained traction, nothing could stop that beast.

Quick Reply: I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords