3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar Cold Air Intake.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 03:15 PM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Cold Air Intake.

I talked to a chrysler tech about this very question: whether it would be under warranty. I was told as long as you purchase mopar products and have them installed at the dealer, the mopar products are included in your factory warranty, and would not void it. Maybe it all depends on how big of a douche the dealer wants to be, but I know for a fact that my dealer would never try to void a warranty due to the failure of a mopar part.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:17 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

djr, in a way you are correct. my dealer is kool as hell. but one of the service reps did tell me that if a mopar product (didnt mention who it was installed by) was the cause of a problem, technically,the warranty is voided. but i dunno. im actually gonna stop by there later and see what mods i can get done by them.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:31 PM
iceman4269

Just to clear something up, a warranty can't be voided completely due to any part. If you have a cold air intake and your sunroof stops working, the two arent related. If you have a cold air intake and your mass air flow sensor gets hit with a rock or a leaf gets in, thats when dodge may not cover the cost to fix it. I say "may not cover" becuase I have had cars in the past where the dealer has covered this sort of thing even with a cold air intake. After all my rambling, dont worry about the cold air intake and the warranty.

Quick Reply: Mopar Cold Air Intake.