3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar Cold Air Intake.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:50 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mopar Cold Air Intake.

Can anyone advise. I am thinking about purchasing a Mopar, CAI system. How much would it cost to have something like this professionally installed? I want to make sure the it's done professionally, so the warranty is not voided.
Also, how much do you think the dealership would charge to install?

Old 10-09-2006, 02:19 PM
bwhaler9
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Cold Air Intake.

You dont need it professionally instaled it is a very easy install and it shouldnt void you warenty by doing it yourself.... its a mopar part anyways

Old 04-29-2007, 04:52 PM
MADHEMI

I just installed mine if you want to know how i did it. Boy does it make a difference.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It will not effect your warranty, as far as that goes, no after-market CAI will effect your warranty, it's against the law.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:24 AM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Yeah... if you thinkthat your warrenty will be voided because of what the dealership tells you... they are only looking for the $200 that they will charge you to install it. Got a screwdriver? Got about a half hour? Do it yourself and buy an exhaust with the money you save. It will not do anything to your warrenty.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:00 PM
eltupac
All Star

well, the part plus the 2 hours they will charge to do it, plus recovery fee, plus warranty extension fee, plus filling out the form fee, plus looking at your face while I charge you fee, about $1500.00 plus tax. Then you get the "we'll call you when its done". At 5pm your truck has not seen the light of the shop and then you get the "Its not going to be done today" call and its a Saturday. So you be out of a truck for the weekend, probably until Wednesday.

So, either you do like the guys here say or get the part from ebay and put a Mopar sticker on it, cause that is all you are getting at a huge mark up.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: eltupac

well, the part plus the 2 hours they will charge to do it, plus recovery fee, plus warranty extension fee, plus filling out the form fee, plus looking at your face while I charge you fee, about $1500.00 plus tax. Then you get the "we'll call you when its done". At 5pm your truck has not seen the light of the shop and then you get the "Its not going to be done today" call and its a Saturday. So you be out of a truck for the weekend, probably until Wednesday.

So, either you do like the guys here say or get the part from ebay and put a Mopar sticker on it, cause that is all you are getting at a huge mark up.
That's funny!!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: eltupac

hahahahahahaha

the only way your warranty is voided is if the CAI was the reason for something being wrogn with your truck. other than that, youll be fine.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:06 PM
djr04
All Star

I would think around an hour labor at a reputable dealer. Some shady ones probably 2-3 hours labor. but at 50-90 bucks an hour, you're best bet would be to install it yourself. It's quite simple, you should be able to do it yourself if you want to save yourself the cash. On the plus side, you're thinking about the mopar intake, so it would be really hard for them to blame any engine problems on the intake itself.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

even if it is mopar, it doesnt matter! mopar states on all their products that they are not responsible for any voifing of warranties. so remember that.

Quick Reply: Mopar Cold Air Intake.