3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 tundra.....hemi guys worried????

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 02:50 AM
BgBluRam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 tundra.....hemi guys worried????

Yes, I wouldnt doubt that you could beat a Power Wagon, although equipped with the Hemi, they have a winch, sit high with bigger tires, and a lot of extra goodies that make them much heavier than a regular Hemi, not to mention they're 4x4. I wasn't saying you were wrong, I was just doubting your story... Hell, I dont know you might have beat a Hemi, I'm just speaking fromMY experience.

AND! Yes, Dodge needs to do something with the gearing in these trucks, no wonder why they get such horrible mileage, they have gear ratio's that should beprimarily in ahighway vehicle, not a pick-up.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:51 AM
arrowman
Professional

Veibz, are you stating that a truck assembled in Canada or Mexicousing American made parts is less American than a truck assembled in Toledo using 100% Japanese made parts?

Pass the pipe, I want a hit.

FWIW, my truck was assembled in the USA... granted, the HEMI motors are almost exclusively "assembled" in Mexico...

Old 12-18-2006, 03:46 AM
motorider228
Champion

I have 2 dodges, a 2006 hemi ram with 4k miles on it and a 1998 lifted dodge ram with 120k+ miles on it and that thing got driven hard and honestly, I would not hesitate to drive it cross country as it still drives and performs as it did when it had 20k miles on it. Toyota makes an awesome truck though and some day I will own an older taco or P/U as a rock crawler because honestly, toyotas are the best for 4wheeling. End of story. Anyone who disagrees does not know about 4wheeling unless they argue jeep.

As for the tundra being faster, I am still awaiting a challenge for a race. Now tundra guys, don't go and act like all the titan guys, run your mouth about how fast your truck is and then not race it. I have called out many titan guys and none care to race, so maybe you guys will race me.

As for the it was made in america stuff, My truck was assembled in missouri in the heart of America and the dodge profits have stayed in America for many years, now some go to germany which bothers the **** out of me. If one of you tundra guys arguing the american stance cares to tell me where most the profits from your tundra go why don't you. The money that stays in the United States from those trucks is quite small as most the high executives for toyota live in Japan so they get to spend your money in Japan. Therefore, dodge is helping your american economy more than toyota.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:21 AM
Rainman_

First off, I am a Toyota Tundra owner and I'm not posting to stir the pot. I will agree with all of you that the Ram is a better looking truck than my 2001 access cab. I doubt my truck could outrun a Hemi & I don't race people anyway, so I'll never find out.

Here is a link about "american made" content that frankly shocked me.
http://www.automotiveaddicts.com/int.../07-10-06.html

The ram was actually my first choice until a friend who owned one told me I'd be sorry. I actually ended up with a Tundra b/c I liked the ride better than F-150 + Silverado's. I don't think Nissan Titans were available yet and I think they're ugly with all that plastic junk.

Rainman

Old 12-18-2006, 06:56 AM
motorider228
Champion

Thanks for being cool about it rain man welcome to dodgeforum [sm=deal.gif]

Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 AM
allhemi

ORIGINAL: Johndcjr1989

lol i had to laugh when the guy was talking about horsepower to weight ratios and said something along the lines of "if the most horsepower and torque always won then diesels that make 350hp/600+trq would be blowing everything on the road away." i wonder if that fool has ever raced a diesel? astock diesel will blow away almost any other stock truck because of the massive amount of torque they have compared to gassers.
That whole post just showshow much of a dumb a$$ he is.....To all you tundra guys.......when you get you tundras just go jump on a dodge hemiand see what happens! I allready know!

Old 12-18-2006, 10:48 AM
allhemi

And did you read where he said even if dodge put the 6.1 hemi in the ram that the toyota would still out run it......GET A LIFE TUNDRA BOY![sm=loser.gif]I live in the 'Real World' and if you think your tundra will out run my hemi bring it on!

Old 12-18-2006, 10:57 AM
allhemi

ORIGINAL: arrowman

Veibz, are you stating that a truck assembled in Canada or Mexicousing American made parts is less American than a truck assembled in Toledo using 100% Japanese made parts?

Pass the pipe, I want a hit.

FWIW, my truck was assembled in the USA... granted, the HEMI motors are almost exclusively "assembled" in Mexico...
Thanks for clearing that up for them

Old 12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Rglide

I was waiting for the new '07 Tundra's to come out since my wife totaled my '90 Toyota PU. But I've always have like the stylin' of the RAMs plus knowing they're made in the USA.The quality on the Dodge has really improved over the last few years too so I just picked up my '06 RAM QC Laramie HEMI and love it. An added benefit is that I can pull my bike trailer with ease while the Toy would get passed on hills by semi's. How embarassing.

Old 12-18-2006, 12:21 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I've said it once and I'll say it again, you CAN NOT COMPAIR VEHICLES BASED SOLY ON HORSEPOWER AND TORQUE SPECS!!! It just doesn't work that way. There are MANY other factors that contribute to wether or not one vehicle will out perform another besides the horsepower/torque specs. I've used this example before take a viper SRT-10 a SRT-10 RegCab and an SRT-10QC and race them, all three have the same engine and the same horsepower and torque specs but the viper will win in a race, followed by the RegCab and last the QC. Hook a trailer up to them all and the QC will beat them all followed by the RegCab and then the viper (which you should then be shot for hooking a trailer up to a Viper!). You can also add in driver error too into this mix. I've seen people lose races do to just this cause. You Tundra guys will learn this very fast, almost 90% of us Ram owners usually will drive our trucks hard and fast, most of us wont back down from a race, most of us DO race for fun and have learned what to do with all the parts that are availible for our trucks to make them as powerfull as possible. And as far as you tundra folks go, 1.I rarely ever see a tundra that even tries to race me, 2. Its a new vehicle, new engine, new drive train,so there will be alot of flaws, alot of recalls and 3.Not as many if anyparts for your vehicle.

I'll belooking forward to seeing them on the streets[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Quick Reply: 2007 tundra.....hemi guys worried????