3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WHOS GOT THE BEST HEADERS!!!??!?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 02:01 PM
deanj287
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHOS GOT THE BEST HEADERS!!!??!?

any body heard of this ssi company? check out their ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-0...QQcmdZViewItem

He flanges are nice and thick but dont know how benefical they might be....any body have their $.02 to add??

Old 10-18-2006, 02:34 PM
motorhead426
All Star

I just have one comment on those headers from ebay "you get what you pay for" and headers should not be skimped on.

Old 10-18-2006, 03:30 PM
GreyHemi

ORIGINAL: motorhead426

I just have one comment on those headers from ebay "you get what you pay for" and headers should not be skimped on.
I dissagree with that. The damn gibsons cost me $680. They probly last a long time, but far as performance not much help

Old 10-18-2006, 05:57 PM
Stroker
Veteran

Those are true try-y headers. They look good other than all the welds. I would like to see a set in person to see how rough the welds are, especially on the inside. I might need to start doing a little research on them.

The old you get what you payfor addage isn't always true. For instance AMD proscessoers are every bit equal to (if not better) then Intel but they don't have a multi million dollar marketing campaign to fund so they are much cheaper. Many times you are only buying a name. That's why those Mopar headers are so much, but my dealer will warrenty them and their instalation if I have them do it which is why I am willing to pay the extra for them. As cheap as those e-bay headers are and being try-y's I may go that route instead. Of coarse having a warrenty on headers would be a good way to not have to worry about leaks.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:02 AM
deanj287
Captain

ive tried pullin up other peoles reviews that say they have them on other forums but currently unsuccesful. i might just get a pair and inspect them and get some better pics.

if i made a block off plate and pressurized the headers how much psi would be needed to accuartly test the wlds? would this even work since they wouldnt be heated like on the truck?

ill keep researching them and post my finds....if any body runs across someone with them installed get a review or something from them..... could save us hemi guy a**** load if they turn out pretty decent!!!

Old 10-19-2006, 02:16 AM
Stroker
Veteran

Leaks aren't the concern I had with them as much as the welds interfearing with the flow.

Old 10-20-2006, 04:00 AM
deanj287
Captain

found some guys that have them and they siad they had to weld on an egr bypass tube on the front of each header. i nticed name brand headers have this tube at the front of the headers.... but these dont. worth while or worth less than the stockers?

Quick Reply: WHOS GOT THE BEST HEADERS!!!??!?