3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power wire question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 09:45 PM
nate04ram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power wire question

I bought that wire that connects in-line with the air temp sensor that supposedly tricks the comp to thinking its a +/- 20 degree outside temp. They claimed an increase of around 8 hp. Other than the fuel gauge coming down faster did anyone else who tried this see any other benefit?

Old 10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
HemiBuell
Captain
Default RE: power wire question

Zero improvement. We've been had.

Mine is sitting on my desk right now.

I put mine up for sale but the money still hasn't shown in my PayPal account.

If anyone else wants to buy it, perfect condition, $20 shipped.

Old 10-20-2006, 12:59 AM
jeffjs
Professional

Finally someone who doesn't claim that they gained power and fuel economy from this device. Won't the seller give you your money back?

I thought he promises some minimum performance gain...

Old 10-20-2006, 10:39 AM
motorhead426
All Star

Is this the "Power Wire" that AIRRAM sells? Or are you talking about one of those ridiculous ebay things I always see? Either way the concept is cool, but I would have to guess that the improvements are negligible.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:55 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: HemiBuell

Zero improvement. We've been had.

Mine is sitting on my desk right now.

I put mine up for sale but the money still hasn't shown in my PayPal account.

If anyone else wants to buy it, perfect condition, $20 shipped.
You where NOT "HAD". The POWER WIRE does EXACTLY what it is advertised to do. The timming advance is worth 8-10RWHP and this has been proven on the DYNO and at the track as well as countless customers vehicles. It will also provide increased fuel economey under a light foot BUT you must remember that each time you put your foot to the floor your engine will consume approximately 2.5% more fuel.... So when you drive lightly you will be rewarded with approximately 1-2MPG but when your foot is too the floor you will consume more fuel than stock.

When did you purchase it, if your still in the 30day window... heck even within the 60day window I will be more than happy to refund you, as long as the POWER WIRE is intacked and can be resold? We have ALWAY offered a money back guarentee, we only ask that you contact us first within that 30 day period so we can have an opportunity to help figure out why it is not working for you. We are NOT out to get anyone and my goal is to help you make the most power for the least amount of $MONEY!

So many people just expect too much from their mods... while the POWER WIRE may not give you the same feeling a 100 shot of N20 will ... it does give you a measurable gain non the less. I will admit 10HP is not a HUGE amount and some may not be able to feel it, but the small gains from several different mods do add up.... So when they expect to feel a HUGE gain... and then the gain does not meet their "BUTT DYNO" expectation they automaticaly assume it did nothing.

The expectaions you should have with the POWER WIRE installed are more like that crisp throttle responce you get when you first start up the truck early in the morning... it has a since of peppyness... after it warms up that feeling is gone... that is what the POWER WIRE provides, but throughout the day even after warmed up. Also, the POWER WIRE does make a more noticable difference in the summer months than it does in the winter months... The PCM will only advance the timing so much... and with the cold winter air the timing advance gaind by the POWER WIRE would not be as drastic as it is in the summer heat. So you you can use the POWER WIRE year round, but the bennifits are most noticable in the summer.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 10-20-2006, 04:03 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

ORIGINAL: jeffjs

Finally someone who doesn't claim that they gained power and fuel economy from this device. Won't the seller give you your money back?
Yeahh I know... the positive feedback throughout the forums has been a bit overwhelming... I guess eventually there had to be one or two unhappy customers... But as you pointed out... there has been more positve feedback then negative feedback.

ORIGINAL: jeffjs

I thought he promises some minimum performance gain...
We do, always have... but the customer needs to contact us so we can make things right. Again, my goal is to help my fellow Dodge Ram owners make more HP. I have been useing the POWER WIRE on my Dodge Ram for over 4 years... I never had a problem, and when I can keep my foot out of the gas I have been able to get over 20MPG! Or should I say 456 miles to the tank!

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 10-20-2006, 04:07 PM
AIR RAM
All Star

ORIGINAL: nate04ram

I bought that wire that connects in-line with the air temp sensor that supposedly tricks the comp to thinking its a +/- 20 degree outside temp. They claimed an increase of around 8 hp. Other than the fuel gauge coming down faster did anyone else who tried this see any other benefit?
Feel free to contact me... all my contact information is included on the instructions... I will be MORE than happy to help you out.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 10-20-2006, 06:42 PM
angusdevil

HemiBuell, PM sent

Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

Hemibuell, If he doesn't buy it, I will...

Old 10-20-2006, 09:54 PM
tamuccmike
Veteran

Nick (AirRam) allowed me to come to his house to buy my powerwire...If I made cheap crap and sold it I wouldn't let anyone come over to buy it...know what I mean? I think Nick is right, it is 'ONLY' 10 hp....can you feel that, maybe not. Is 10 hp, or even 8 as stated above worth less than $40? hell yeah it is...Nick is not into ripping people off or "having" people, I was at his home for over an hour, he even let me use his code reader to see if my truck was in good shape before he installed the PW FOR ME...his customer service is awesome...what do you expect...It's not like the guy's charging $85...

Quick Reply: power wire question