3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

UPDATED PICTURES of my Ram Daytonas rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Cunard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATED PICTURES of my Ram Daytonas rebuild

as some of you know, i was in an accident a few months back.....august to be exact

heres my first link

https://dodgeforum.com/m_541244/tm.htm

^pretty much covers the whole story of what happend and such

the 5 pics below were taken the day after the accident at the towing yard....the truck sat here for a good couple weeks whilea spot at one of the local autobody shops opened up

the 3 pics below were taken about two weeks ago.....the truck was finally brought into in the body shop and the front end was stripped down which was followed by getting the truck on a frame machine where the front horns of the truck were realigned

these 7 pics below were taken yesterday....as u can see the front end is looking somewhat normal again =)...still a long ways to go though...probably another 2-3 weeks

The Good-Old-Days

any comments on what i should look for before i sign off on any work the the autobody shop does will be greatly appreciated =]

Old 10-21-2006, 12:10 AM
RamFreak
Veteran
Default RE: UPDATED PICTURES of my Ram Daytonas rebuild

I think the best thing you could do before you sign off on any work is take it for a test drive. They never seem to handle or steer the same after. Then if it feels like it is good go from there.

That is a sweet truck, I hope that all goes well and you get your baby back in 100% form.

Old 10-21-2006, 04:33 AM
cupcake
Professional

damn that seems like alot of damage, shouldn't they have totalled that truck out?

Old 10-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: cupcake

damn that seems like alot of damage, shouldn't they have totalled that truck out?
much of the damage was superficial (front body panals etc), and the front horns had to be strightened out which was pretty much straight forward....the only thing replaced on the engine mechanically was the clutch and fan

Old 10-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: 06HemiTRX4

I think the best thing you could do before you sign off on any work is take it for a test drive. They never seem to handle or steer the same after. Then if it feels like it is good go from there.

That is a sweet truck, I hope that all goes well and you get your baby back in 100% form.
well the truck will go in for a 4wheel alingment and that should give enough proof of how out of whack it is...i was told it will be back 100% as it was before otherwise i can refuse to take her back....so till i see that print out and take her for a drive down the highway...im just hoping for the best =)

Old 10-21-2006, 05:36 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran

thats awesome to see that your pride and joy will be okay. i'm glad that it will be back on the road soon. It's always a shame when bad things happen to go Hemis. congrats.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Seanutz
Veteran

I seen the newspaper clipping, theres very little damage done to her van and i almost cried when i saw your Daytona sittin in the background.

You know why the cop gave you a ticket afterwards? You werent hurt, every MVA i have run the cops always give the uninjured driver a ticket, it seems like if your at fault then your not hurt, cops are idiots, not all of them there are smart ones, but its like with everything else, idiots.

Truck looks like its coming along rather well.

Oh and your sig looks like a memorial to your truck, if you dont take it back it could be your trucks memorial.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: Seanutz

I seen the newspaper clipping, theres very little damage done to her van and i almost cried when i saw your Daytona sittin in the background.

You know why the cop gave you a ticket afterwards? You werent hurt, every MVA i have run the cops always give the uninjured driver a ticket, it seems like if your at fault then your not hurt, cops are idiots, not all of them there are smart ones, but its like with everything else, idiots.

Truck looks like its coming along rather well.

Oh and your sig looks like a memorial to your truck, if you dont take it back it could be your trucks memorial.
i dont even want to think of the cop...makes my blood boil

as for the damage on the van...yeah the pic makes it seem its faired pretty well......but the whole driver side of the van in push in....the driver side sliding door was pretty much ripped apart....you can see the buldge in the vans roof on the driver side if u look closely

my first court date was this week on the 19th....pleaded not guilty obviously....will be going to trial on January 3, 2007...hell of a way to start the new year

its only a $115 ticket...but because of the ticket....my insurance will skyrocket (well...it will go up by $600), because responsabilty will lie on me for the accident...that is unexceptable in my view.....i will fight this ticket as far as i have to go

at the end of the day though im blessed to walk away from it all and im getting my baby back....perhaps ive gotton to attached to the truck....but it was my first real car after trolling away in the canadian oilsands for a good portion of the winter...its somthing i intended to keep for life before the accident....and still intend to keep after the accident

as for the pic in my sig....i suppose it is sorta like a memorial till she comes back lol.....it was the first pic i took of her when i arrived back in British Columbia....the pic is of the truck overlooking the Douglas Channel (Pacfic Ocean) at Kitimat, BC

Old 10-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: nos4fuel

thats awesome to see that your pride and joy will be okay. i'm glad that it will be back on the road soon. It's always a shame when bad things happen to go Hemis. congrats.
thanks man...appreciate the kind words

my first trip as soon as i get her back will be to Kitimat, British Columbia....2300km trip oneway.....a round trip should be enough to tell me how she handles after the accident...especially with the winter that will hit northern BC by the time i get the truck back

Quick Reply: UPDATED PICTURES of my Ram Daytonas rebuild