3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dealer TRICKED ME! READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:06 PM
BlkRam69
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealer TRICKED ME! READ THIS

ORIGINAL: BlkRam69

Wow..........[sm=insomnia.gif]

I thought this was the Dodge Forum not the Dodge "Dealer / Mechanic" Forum.

OK, that said,

First, I dont believe I said that ALL dealers / mechanics were rip offs. I simply said that perhaps the labor was overbilled. This was also mentioned in subsequent posts by other individuals as well. The labor is billed based on an average time for the job.The labor after all is where the shop makes there $$$.

Now I'm sure that taking the dash off and keeping track of all the little pieces can be dificult and time consuming but I'm also sure you can also attest to the fact that when I bring my truck in that YOU may not be the mechanic assigned to the job and that just maybe theres that 1 guy in the shop that either doesnt give a darn or doesnt know his **** from a gumball machine who will get the job.

So while I'm paying Cletus top dollar for labor hes walkin around the shop, takin smoke breaks when he gets winded, and watchin the clock so he can get home or maybe just so he doesnt get tapped on the shoulder to do say the tranny job, brake job, whatever.

So, If i've stepped on anyones steel toes......WAH

THe bottom line is that the stealers get this rep for a reason.

I'm not unreasonable myself and I regularly have the dealer perform the work that needs done. Now becouse I am paying for there Service? I also feel as though I should be able to expect better service from them than from Cletuses brother in law (cousin) wholl do the work in his back yard for beer.
I could'nt agree more [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 11-10-2006, 08:50 PM
damquick1
Veteran

Well all I have to say is have that attitude when you go to my service Representative and he'll be glad to help you out......through the same door you came in from.
I couldn't be happier with my service dept at my dealer, they point stuff out and fix it before it breaks or before my warranty is up so it doesn't come out of my pocket......perhaps you should try a different dealer, or better yet, a different approach.......try being reasonable with them and find a solution to the problem...don't be part of it

Old 11-10-2006, 11:17 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: raz123

Still why did the mechanic take out that 1 screw to take out the radio part of the dash>??? what was he able to acess from behind there???

can u guys tell me where that thing is to unplug the airbags i wanna pry out the radio part of the dash

also is that all i have to do is unplug or also disconnect battery?

thanks
LOL...

The screw is located at the plastic HOOK on the panel... just remove that screw and pull the panel off. Then you will see that it has NOTHING to do with your issue. Perhaps the mechanic thought he coudl access the control box that way... but honestly it does not get you very far.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-11-2006, 11:33 PM
Wilbur Indy

I read this thread because my truck is doing the same thing, all isee is a lot of mechanic bashing and not a lot of help RAZ, you find anything out let me konw, I'll do the same....

Old 11-27-2006, 07:41 PM
danorosco

A few months ago I had a problem and had to have my radiator replaced and cooling system flushed and a new thermostat installed. I was charged individually for each item according to the dealer's guide to hours or whatever it is. And some was covered under warranty some was not, in deciphering the work order I noticed what I considered overcharging. I went to the service manager with it, discussed it and he agreed that since certan things covered under warranty were paid for already I should have to pay seperately for them. I was given a refund and no love was lost between me and the dealership. If you think you are getting screwed talk to them. Don't be an A**hole about it, they understand stuff gets expensive and are usually willing to work with you.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:24 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

ORIGINAL: danorosco

A few months ago I had a problem and had to have my radiator replaced and cooling system flushed and a new thermostat installed. I was charged individually for each item according to the dealer's guide to hours or whatever it is. And some was covered under warranty some was not, in deciphering the work order I noticed what I considered overcharging. I went to the service manager with it, discussed it and he agreed that since certan things covered under warranty were paid for already I should have to pay seperately for them. I was given a refund and no love was lost between me and the dealership. If you think you are getting screwed talk to them. Don't be an A**hole about it, they understand stuff gets expensive and are usually willing to work with you.

WHAT? You actually tried to work the problem out with the service advisor instead of leaving in a huff and throwing a tantrum online? What were you thinking?

Just like everything in life, you have to be on your toes. I don't believe every dealer's service out there is out to rip everybody off. I do believe there are some less scruplious (sp) people that will take advantage of people when they can (aka Sears back in the 80's, Jiffy lube, etc). After all, the auto shop is there to make money, period.

Take some advice from danorosco here, first try to explain your concern to the service advisor in an adult manor. If that does not get you satisfaction, then either take the time to do the repair yourself or find another shop that is willing to work within your budget/time constraints.

Old 11-27-2006, 10:15 PM
v1b3

Go to another Dodge dealer and see what they say. I had a problem with the service department where I bought my truck. I went to the dealer where my wife bought her Durango and have been going there the past 3 years.

Old 11-29-2006, 12:45 AM
h2o_man1

There was a TSB released on March 18th 2002 on a problem with the panel vent door assembly: TSB 24-004-02
Lack Of Air At Panel Vents.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2002/24-004-02.htm

there is a diagram has detailed instructions and a part number to be replaced if this is your problem....

Quick Reply: Dealer TRICKED ME! READ THIS