3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Zoomers Cat-Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Aperformance
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zoomers Cat-Back Exhaust

Sorry we don't have bolt on cat-back exhaust systems for the 4.7 or 3.6l

Only 04-05 5.7 Hemi and 06 5.7 Hemi Quad Cab short bed.

Old 11-16-2006, 04:08 AM
MasterMadden

How does this system compare to a flowmaster? Why spend 600$ on this when I can get a flowmaster installed for 280$? I'm curious to know the benefits of this system over other well known systems. Let me know or PM me.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:52 AM
motorider228
Champion

well i can't speak for zoomers but i know in alot of cases flowmasters actually restrict the flow of air and give you less power. If sound is all you care about than that shouldnt matter.

Old 11-16-2006, 01:47 PM
Jetpig
Professional

It seems pretty expensive for something I have never heard of. Looks like nothing more than what is currently there with a cherry bomb and a tip on it.
?????

Old 11-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Aperformance
Rookie

ORIGINAL: MasterMadden

How does this system compare to a flowmaster? Why spend 600$ on this when I can get a flowmaster installed for 280$? I'm curious to know the benefits of this system over other well known systems. Let me know or PM me.
I'm glad I've peaked your interest in Zoomers Exhaust and thanks for your questions. We currently have two patents on both our Muffler and Tip and one asssists the other in getting exhaust gasses out more quickly while making power and torque. In most cases we double what our competition claims. We achieve all this while eliminating the drone and cabin resonance many other exhaust systems suffer from, or at least their customers suffer from. All our cat-backs are made of T304 stainless and in this particular system 3" mandrel bent 304 SS tubing is used to help increase flow.

This is how our design works... We are different than the competition, our exhaust chamber or muffler is an expansion chamber where as the straight through competition is just that ... Straight Through. There is a pressure drop created with the expansion and the vanes (or propeller) in the inlet spin or re-contour the exhaust forcing the gasses towards the perforation creating a vortex. In the Vortex Expansion Chamber the results in the drop in pressure aids in scavenging the system and because the gasses are spinning, velocity of flow is kept high and unwanted backpressure is reduced.

If you were to look at a cut away of our single exhaust chamber you'll see that the perforated core which the ceramic packing surrounds is a larger diameter than both the inlet and outlet tubes of the chamber. Our competition simply is straight through the same diameter, there is no dynamic created, therefore exhaust is slowed and never accelerated. Other chambered devises like the Flowmaster you asked about only change sound and have really no flow characteristics such as our straight through design.

Cut-A-Way of muffler and tip: http://www.zoomersexhaust.com/zoomers_technology.asp

The Venturi Extraction Tip (or Cannon Tips) also assists the incoming flow from the Vortex Expansion Chamber. The open chambered design with its ceramic and stainless mesh packing utilizes the fast moving air going under the vehicle. The inlet of the tip necks down resulting in a venturi effect creating a low pressure area in the tip, this helps to extract the gasses and at the same time cancel out the pulses that create drone and cabin resonance. The effect increases with speed.

These innovative designs are patented and carry a lifetime warranty and a 110% money back performance guarantee.

Old 11-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Aperformance
Rookie

Muffler inlet close-up and Cannon Tip used on the Ram 1500.

[IMG]local://upfiles/47540/2D4497D13E2C44CF9B81A2509F50101F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/47540/56C9BC05A49C4D738D322CBDA3A07097.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-16-2006, 03:41 PM
jeffjs
Professional

C'mon... it's simple. It's a tornado fuel saver for your exhaust. It spins the air... need I say more?

Old 11-16-2006, 03:49 PM
Aperformance
Rookie

ORIGINAL: jeffjs

C'mon... it's simple. It's a tornado fuel saver for your exhaust. It spins the air... need I say more?

I detect a bit of sarcasm here.....

Old 11-16-2006, 04:35 PM
BgBluRam
Captain

Can you buy the mufflers and tips separately without having to dish out $600.00? Our trucks already have a 3" exhaust so that's nothing special.

Old 11-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Aperformance
Rookie

ORIGINAL: BgBluRam

Can you buy the mufflers and tips separately without having to dish out $600.00? Our trucks already have a 3" exhaust so that's nothing special.

Yes they are sold separately. $299.00 for the muffler and $130.00 for the tip

Quick Reply: Zoomers Cat-Back Exhaust