3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

6.1 Cam swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 04:55 PM
helopilot
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6.1 Cam swap

ORIGINAL: FSUHEMI

hey guys, just wondering where you guys bought just the exhaust springs? all i can find is a package deal for intake and exhaust thats over $200 and i'd like to keep my cost to a minimum. I'm dropping in an auburn 4.10 as we speak so i'd like to get a little more power to the rears. Also for anyone thats done the cam swap, have you done anything as far as reprogramming your ecu (chip, flash & reprogram, etc.). thanks guys
http://www.makeitmopar.com

Old 07-17-2007, 09:40 PM
viper1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6.1 Cam swap

ORIGINAL: AIR RAM

And DONT add the 6.1L pushrods to your 5.7L.... they are too long! The only time you would use 6.1L pushrods is if you had the 6.1L heads.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM
I currentlyuse the 6.1 pushrods with the 5.7 heads and have had no ill effects from their use? In fact on some of the other forums, it is being reported that the longer pushrods have actually lessened the so called :HEMI TICK" and are better to use because of the higher lift of the more popular cams vs. stock .

Quick Reply: 6.1 Cam swap