3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Comments on Oil Filters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 05:11 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Comments on Oil Filters?

Has anyone ever tried the NAPA Gold Oil filter? if so, any opinions?

Old 12-29-2006, 08:49 PM
sleddingguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Napa Gold is made by Wix

Old 12-29-2006, 08:55 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Any opinions on this filter? is it good/bad? is it worth the money, as compared to the likes of Fram, or K&N?

Old 12-29-2006, 08:58 PM
alienyzf
Professional

I use the wally world sythentic and the wally world filters for my trucks and rotella syn with fram filters in my bikes. I just sent off all four to Blackstone Labs for analysis and all look excellent. The trucks I change every 3000 miles and the bikes every 6 months regarless of mileage. Both trucks have over 30k. They said I need to put more mile on the oil for all vehicles. For the trucks they recommended I drive them 3500 to 4k miles according to TBN. Silica was non existent and all vehicles have k and n's. I don't think it matters what brand you use as long as the maintenance is consistent. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-29-2006, 09:29 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

ive been changing my oil with the pure one filters by pureolator and 5w30 mobil oil...the mech at the dealership told me when i bought the truck i could change it every 5k miles if i wanted to because the oil filters are best around the 3k mile rangeand teh oil is usually still good way past the 3k range. i dont know the truth behind that but ive seen it in this thread somewhere too... i love keeping up with the maintence so i do it every 3k anyways. no reason for why i chose the pureone fiter just seemed like a quality filter and ive always used mobil so i just continued with this truck .. as long as you keep up with it most fiilters and oil will work just fine. no need to spend alot of money and get the top of the line .. to me oil is oil. all designed to do the same thing no matter who manufactures it. same thing with filters maybe slight variations in teh design to make them a little different or stand out more but it teh end its still an oil filter. just my 2 cents.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:40 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

How much did Black Stone charge for the analysis? and approximately how long did it take for them to get you the results?

Quick Reply: Comments on Oil Filters?