3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift vs Warranty????

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2007, 03:52 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lift vs Warranty????

ORIGINAL: rshackleford

ORIGINAL: motorider228

haha rshackleford, are you serious? You can't be.
I am dead serious. I just don’t get it. What good does a lift do? It all seems like a waste of money to me.

I also don’t think much of big stereos, wheels, or spashy decal SH** on the side of pickups. Where I come from they are pickups and the more of this stuff added the get closer a pickup gets to being called a truck. And only city folks call them trucks.
I don't know shackleford.... you don't get much more back woods than where I live ( we have 3 stops light in town ) and there's several really sweet lifted, blasting stereo, shiny wheeled trucks. Many of our roads around here are dirt but are on any map as a state road. Deliverance was filmed about 20 minutes down the road!

IMO... a pickup is one of those late 70's early 80's Fords that you see still driving around. The driver is about 70 yrs old and you know he bought the truck when it was new ;-)

Everyone's entitled to their opinion though

Old 01-02-2007, 04:09 PM
motorider228
Champion

yeah I lived in a town of 2500 for a few years in BFE missouri and we had 0 stop lights and I drove a lifted 98 ram there and it was a life saver. I lived on a dirt road and no one could make it through when there was flooding except me and my driveway had a long hill and when that got icey my 33's, 4.10's and locked front and rear diffs saved me. I think when it comes down to it a truck is supposed to get dirty and be offroad pulling other cars out of ditches and all that. I think lifts are a very good thing other than looking cool. That's why I disagreed with you.

Old 01-02-2007, 04:18 PM
BgBluRam
Captain

I agree with TRITON, my truck is much more stable now that it ever was before. And if you do any kind of offroading, then a lift is a must. You won't get to where I go in a factory equipped ram (unless it's the power wagon).. A lift of a truck that spends a lot of time offroad makes perfect sense. And they look awesome too.

Quick Reply: Lift vs Warranty????