3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 1500 megacab - interior light issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:54 AM
kulwen
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 1500 megacab - interior light issue

Anyone have a suggestion how to correct the following issue?

For the for first 10 months I have owned my truck my interior light worked great. I could open the door and the light would stay on for 10 minutes or so before it would turn off. The light stayed on with or without the keys in the ignition and the radio on.

However, a few months back it changed to only staying on for 5 seconds or so. When I open the door the light turns on but does not stay on long enough for me to even get in the truck. When I hit the over head light it will also only stay on for 5 seconds or so then turns off. When I use the light switch and turn on all interior lights they also only stay on for 5 seconds or so. However, if the truck is running the light will stay on for quite some time.

Is there some setting I can't find in the manual to correct the issue? Could there be an other issue?

Thank you,
John T.

Old 01-12-2007, 04:16 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: 06 1500 megacab - interior light issue

Check your light dimmer switch. IIRC, the setting on the light dimmer switch also changes how long the lights stay on. I could be wrong though. If all else fails, check the manual.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:49 PM
vincem

same thing with mine and been in shop 3 times.it is in shop today and i hope for the last time.i was told it would need a software update that only dodge could come up with,but i have emailed dr z at least 10 times and still no fix.please let me know if you do'nt get any help and i will let you know what i have come up with.
i will give dodge an ear full before this is over if it can not be fixed today,i wait on the call from dealer to pick it up today.

vince

Old 01-13-2007, 12:04 AM
vincem

got truck back from dealer and no fix.i called dodge and they say they will have the dealer call there techs and try to work this out next week.more to come next week........

vince

Old 01-13-2007, 01:06 AM
kulwen

osteodoc08 - Thank you for the idea!!! It did not correct my issue. Dang.

Vincem - I might have the same issue as you. I called three dodge dealerships to talk with the service Dept. today with no luck. My truck is going in Tuesday for a oil change where they will take a look at it. Please keep me posted on your truck and I will do the same.

Thank you both for your comments!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 11:45 PM
vincem

well talked to dodge and been told to take it in on monday so here we go again.dodge tells me they do not know why the dealer did not call the tech hot line and try to work with them.i feel bad about going over there heads and am quite sure i have made no friends at the dealer.all i want is the truck i bought to work like it did when i bought it, so i will let you know something after monday.

thanks again vince

Old 01-17-2007, 01:43 AM
kulwen

It appears my light problem is corrected.
I was told there was a new technical service bulletin concerning dome lights and overhead consoles displaying the incorrect temp. Below is the comment on my service order:[/align][/align]"CUST STATES DOME LIGHTS TURNOFF TOO SOON, FOUND TSB18-026-06 REV A APPLIES TO CONCERN. FLASH CCN/CLUSTER AS PER TSB, CHECK OP-O/K"[/align][/align]I was told the TSB states it is unclear what causes the time adjustment of the interior light. This makes me wonder if they don't know what the problem is how did they correct it? Did flashing my CCN/cluster just rest the setting and the problem might return down the road.[/align][/align]Thank you,[/align]John T.[/align]

Old 01-17-2007, 04:04 AM
vincem

well they have flashed mine 4 times and it always go'es back to the same short cut off.i was called by dealer today and have another appointment tuesday.here i go again.

vince

Quick Reply: 06 1500 megacab - interior light issue