3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bad day for the Ram

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Hellbilly1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bad day for the Ram

shoot first ask questions later i would have to say if it keeps on happenin or either that buy a electric fence charger and when some ones comes up a nite touches the body it shocks the **** outta them

Old 01-16-2007, 10:01 PM
austin
Veteran

Man that sucks, I hope you catch them. Just last month my friend got his window broken from some ******** who hate me.(long story short, there ********, and I didn't do anything to them) Then I caught them one night trying to break into my truck. I was coming home from my friends house and saw some guys around my truck, called the police. I hid for a second and waited till I heard( F$ck it lets slash his tires and key his truck) then me and my friend came running out yelling get the f*ck back. One through a punch at me(in Texas laws are a little different than most states) and I hit him in the nose, his friend hit me in the back of the head trying to defend him. So I slammed him on the ground, then thank god the cop pulled up right as the first guy pulled out a knife that he was going to slash my tires with... 3 cops came running out and immedetly saw what happend, one cop hid, one was yelling at them, and the other had his gun drawn... then before I knew it when the guy dropped the knife, the cops sprung and threw them on the ground, all in handcuffs. Now since they are over 18 they are in jail for mannyyyy offences, one for assulting an officer!

Fact is, don't mess with crazy guys and call the cops!!!!

Old 01-17-2007, 12:41 AM
arrowman
Professional

2 words.... GAME CAM.

Actually,4 words.... GAME CAM & REMINGTON 870.
Wouldn't hurt to befriend your neighbors either.... That job couldn't have been quiet or quick.... Someone saw and/or heard it happen.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:52 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I am thinking about all options at this point. talked to my neighbors and they claim to have heard and seen nothing, would not doubt it, must have been late, it was about 25 degree's outside. all houses new with decent insulation, double pain windows and heaters rolling. there are a few outside noise blockers. Good news is tomorrow it goes to the progressive shop and my rental is waiting. I am sure it will be a top scale chevy aveo or something crappy like that. I am still trying to figure out why they can not just order the parts and call me when they are in.
I am looking at the viper 771, 791 and the Clarion unga 6000. any advise. I want to get air horns and have the horn honk with the alarm so there is no reason the neighbors are oblivious to the break in if it shall ever happen again.

Old 01-17-2007, 06:05 AM
motorider228
Champion

ORIGINAL: arrowman
REMINGTON 870.
amazing home defense weapon. 18 inch barrel, holds 6 12 guage shells in the tube and one in the chamber. Loaded with buckshot so I make whoever is in my house rip into peices but not kill my family members. Same gun las vegas swat uses. I'm ordering a pistol grip soon and she will be my pistol grip pump home defense weapon.

[IMG]local://upfiles/34950/D57A4BF194F84BD5B85C87396E31FB14.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-17-2007, 12:04 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

That really sucks!!..... I have one of the viper Responder Alarms with the second shock sensor at the wheels so even if I get a flat from someone slashing my tires the thing goes off due to the pressure loss on the tires. Make sure you get that second shock sensor because without it you can jack up the truck and remove the tires without it going off. It will alsopage me from roughly a half mile radious of my truck if it does go offwhich is very helpfull, and tells me what happened (door opened, tire shock sensor, someone bumped it, someone broke a window, ect.). I'd also look into having a second kill switch installed. The one I want requires you to press and hold a specific series of buttons or switches on to start the truck, for example youwould have to turn the lights on andhold both the window switchs up to turn the key and start it. Its an extra step yes but if you dont know how to start it is damn near impossible to start

Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

ORIGINAL: truckin151

That really sucks!!..... I have one of the viper Responder Alarms with the second shock sensor at the wheels so even if I get a flat from someone slashing my tires the thing goes off due to the pressure loss on the tires. Make sure you get that second shock sensor because without it you can jack up the truck and remove the tires without it going off. It will alsopage me from roughly a half mile radious of my truck if it does go offwhich is very helpfull, and tells me what happened (door opened, tire shock sensor, someone bumped it, someone broke a window, ect.). I'd also look into having a second kill switch installed. The one I want requires you to press and hold a specific series of buttons or switches on to start the truck, for example youwould have to turn the lights on andhold both the window switchs up to turn the key and start it. Its an extra step yes but if you dont know how to start it is damn near impossible to start
Thanks for the advise I am going to make sure I go to a competent installer. anyone Know of any in the phoenix area?

Old 01-17-2007, 01:54 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's a game cam? what does it do? where would it be installed?

Old 01-17-2007, 02:16 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo

ORIGINAL: truckin151

Thanks for the advise I am going to make sure I go to a competent installer. anyone Know of any in the phoenix area?
I got mine done at Audio Express. It costs an arm and a leg there but its not as bad as losing all 4 wheels and tires.

Old 01-17-2007, 02:32 PM
sxegrl_n_a_dge
Professional

That does suck. I have locking lugs on my wheels. I would hurt someone if they ever touched mine. I wish you luck. And for the people that stole them? What comes around, goes around.