3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

07' Power Wagon or 07' Escalade EXT...which would you buy??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 03:41 AM
paulphilly
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07' Power Wagon or 07' Escalade EXT...which would you buy??

Ok, I realize that I am dealing with 2 completely different beasts here and I am asking this question in a Dodge forum. But, being open minded, which of the 2 would you buy? I am torn between the 2 as they both would serve me with a truck bed to haul my Army equipment in, occasional trip to Wal-mart and Home Depot, fishing/hunting gear, etc. I get employee pricing on both, so I can get a great deal on either. Obviously, the PW is a great vehicle off-road that I dont do much of (but would if I owned it) unless I go fishing/hunting and travel down gravel/dirt roads. I do have a 4wheeler that I will haul/tow but that is it as far as towing goes. I have test driven both and love them both...I am torn and would appreciate any insight/advice you all may have. I know its my decision, but my father always told me that many powerful minds are greater than one obscured one. Oh, the PW stickers for $49,640 and the EXT $64,600. Thanks everyone

Old 01-22-2007, 03:54 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Default RE: 07' Power Wagon or 07' Escalade EXT...which would you buy??

Id say powerwagon. Escalades are "pimp" but the powerwagons rule. It is your decision, they are both great vehicals. Choose what ever you feel like.Get the escalade and lift it, put it on 35s get lockers and a winch and then you would have the ultimate powerwagon

Old 01-22-2007, 03:57 AM
rob[GL]
All Star

Power Wagon[/align][/align]Escalades are too expensive, save the extra $15,000 man![/align]

Old 01-22-2007, 03:58 AM
paulphilly
Rookie

ORIGINAL: squirtbottle09

Id say powerwagon. Escalades are "pimp" but the powerwagons rule. It is your decision, they are both great vehicals. Choose what ever you feel like.Get the escalade and lift it, put it on 35s get lockers and a winch and then you would have the ultimate powerwagon
Now that would be the ultimate off road machine....lol. Yey, its a tough decision. The Caddy with the 6.2 has loads of power as I test drove one yesterday....man it really moves. But, they sit low to the ground which I could fix by adding a spacer to the front coilovers for added ground clearance. And, the PW comes stock with everything but big enough tires (which I would fix with 35" tires immediately). But, it doesnt have much power. I dunno

Old 01-22-2007, 05:31 AM
El_Greko87

Im not giving you my decision based on me being a dodge guy
at the house we also have an 04 escalade, and and 03 at my uncles, i would say that it all depends on what you really want, if luxuary is what you are looking for, im not going to lie (even tho i HATE GM) the escalade, especially the new ones, is prob one of the most lux pickups on the road, but if you want to ever go camping and actually have a little fun with your vihicle, there is NO better truck than a Power Wagon, its a matter of how long you plan on having this, I personally, (19 years old) would go with the Power wagon, beasuce i do enjoy the outdoors, and having fun with trips, camping, etc,
i just hope for GM's sake that the fixed all the little nick-nack that seem to go wrong with the escallades,
as a matter of how we like ours, the 04 has had some annoying little problems, like a forever busted tire monitor sensor and cosmetics falling apart (20k on it), however the 03 has been decent for the most part
its your call, luxury? or capability?good luck and keep us updated on your selection!

Old 01-22-2007, 03:07 PM
SLCHemi
Professional

Beinga "Dodge man" myself it'd be an easy decision, but being open minded I think it really does depend on what you intend to do with the vehicle. Things like re-sale value and vehicle theft rate might also be interesting to you....I seem to recall seeing some stat that showed astronomical theft rates on the super-pimp escalade. Additionaly, and considering re-sale, if I were to by a $65K city cruiser I'm pretty sure it'd never see any trails for fear of breakage or what we localy call "rocky mountain pinstripes" (tree branch scratches).....

Old 01-22-2007, 04:40 PM
paulphilly
Rookie

Well, I decided on the EXT (for now). But, I still may get the power wagon. I will update as I continue to drive the EXT. Its really nice...but, so is the PW.

Old 01-22-2007, 06:49 PM
El_Greko87

as long as your happy, i mean hey at least you have a 100k powertrain warr with that!
but, for us dodge guys, do drive a nice tricked out PW for us, an at least tell us you drove both!!
haha good luck and have fun!

Old 01-22-2007, 08:38 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

If you do choose the excalade make sure to stop by onece in a while and visit

Old 01-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Jimmy1
Amateur

wait for the 08 or 09 Power Wagon it suppose to be over the top

Quick Reply: 07' Power Wagon or 07' Escalade EXT...which would you buy??