3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tool Box with Tauno cover options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007 | 05:49 PM
Stroker
|
Veteran
Default Tool Box with Tauno cover options?

What are my options? I want a tool box and preferably a roll up tauno cover, can I get a box that has a cover built in or do I have to just buy a box then get a roll up cover and not roll it all the way out? I have also seen a truck with a fiberglass box the a lift up fiberglass cover tha covered the rest of the bed. Where can i find one of these?

Old 02-14-2007 | 07:04 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Tool Box with Tauno cover options?

Why not a deep tool box that sits in the bed rather than across the bed. You can still bolt it down if you wish and you can use a tonneau cover.

Old 02-14-2007 | 09:56 PM
Stroker
|
Veteran

You can't haul plywood that way. I like to have the space under the box so I can still utilize the space.

Old 02-15-2007 | 12:14 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

If you're talking about a soft top, like a Truxedo top, then I think you can have one custom made to the size you need.

Old 02-15-2007 | 05:11 AM
JRH_PowerWagon_06
Veteran

www.undercoverinfo.com/

This is the one:
http://boxbuddy.undercoverinfo.net/

Old 02-15-2007 | 12:04 PM
Stroker
|
Veteran

Yea I saw that one but I really want one that rolls up. I did a search once I realized how badly I had miss spelled tonneau and found several options. I was really hoping I would find a box with a roll up tonneau built in but I guess I'll have to go another route.

Old 02-15-2007 | 12:21 PM
BigNelly07
Professional

any of these suit your fancy?

http://www.autoanything.com/tonneau-...0A50299A1.aspx

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:43 AM
Stroker
|
Veteran

I found out today that UnderCover is coming out for one for a shortbed truck. I think that is the way I am going to go unless I can find out more about that fiberglass one I saw, Maybe I should just go knock on his door I think I know where he lives.

Old 02-16-2007 | 02:57 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

This is driving me crazy! When I was looking for truck boxes and such I came across this box that had an integrated cover that would roll out like a garage door. I just went through all my catalogs and old internet links and I just can't find it, sorry. Anyway, I think it is exactly what you are looking for and I DO know it exists. I just don't know who makes it. I almost bought this system, but didn't like the fact that the roll up cover took up some space in the box.

There is only one issue that I was not sure about with using roll up covers on our trucks. Some of you out there may have noticed that the distance between the bed rails narrows as you go from the cab to the tailgate. This may pose a problem with covers that slide in a track. Anyway, I'm gonna keep searching and I'll post again if I can find it.

Old 02-16-2007 | 03:27 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

Ok. Apparently they make it so the rails for the cover are adjustable so that roll ups will work on the Rams. Here's a couple of good sites that have much to choose from.

http://www.truckgadgets.com/shop/?pa...ea27ac25aa732d

http://www.truckaddons.com/tonneau/r...OVMTC=standard

Quick Reply: Tool Box with Tauno cover options?