3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

DIY headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:03 AM
03hemipwdchevy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DIY headers?

thats awesome man!! so update is, the only thing that hit is the transmission on the trans. tunnel. the oil pan also hits the ground when i air out, but im either going to make one or buy one that doesnt sump down on the bottom where the oil drain is. other then that everything is working ok. instead of just raising the tranny tunnel im just going to be bodydropping my truck now also. i hafta cut the floor out for that anyways so ill do it now while everything is bare. so it will have a sfbd and a hemi. let you guys know whats going on after i get some more progress done, should have some pics posted up this week sometime, thanks for all the support guys too, at this point i need as much as i can get. so thanks guys and keep checkin out the truck and let me know if you guys see anything done wrong or dont see something that should be. and i will fix it ASAP. thanks again guys!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 AM
motorider228
Champion

you should do a full tummy tuck on it like alot of offroad guys do so the tranny pan is flush with the bottom of the truck.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:17 AM
03hemipwdchevy

already got it setup like that, actually its about 5/8 avove th frame rails, i cant go much lower kuza the oil pan, i need to modify it or sumn so it fits.

Old 02-19-2007, 02:49 PM
BgBluRam
Captain

Sounds awesome! Would love to see that...

Old 02-19-2007, 04:44 PM
bigjrussell
Captain

Sweet project man! Can't wait for the pics. When you get done, be sure to forward this thread on toDodge so they can learn how to shoehorn the HEMI into the Dakota!

Quick Reply: DIY headers?