3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Undercoating here in SALT LAND!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Dynamicxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Undercoating here in SALT LAND!

Has anyone gone the extra mile to have there vehicle Crowned, (Rustproofed)?

Here in Ontario, Canada salt is put down if a cloud goes overhead, in the winter.

I know the perferation warranty is 75,000 KMS (??? Miles), but has anyone found it to be an advantage?

Newbie w/500KMS now, STILL GRINNING!!![sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 02-18-2007, 11:02 AM
derwood
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Undercoating here in SALT LAND!

You can't go wrong with properly applied undercoating. Besides piece of mind, it also helps in the resale. Just make sure they cover your wheels when they spray! Welcome to the Forum!

Old 02-18-2007, 11:24 AM
big guy
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I oil spray my car and truck every year.The body repair guys that I know tell me Crown is the best on the market. But very expensive. A couple of years ago, after a Crown oil spray. I decided to remove a door panel to repair my power door locks. To find they did a **** poor job of spraying inside the door. I removed the other 3 panels. Same resultlittle to no oil inside of door. Dealersexcuse to many complaints of oil dripping on driveways. Now I do my own, I do admitvery messy job. I by the oil from Napa for aprox $39.00 for a large pail. That is enough for my truck and car for 2 years.

Old 02-18-2007, 11:31 AM
glock45
Professional

ORIGINAL: Dynamicxx

Has anyone gone the extra mile to have there vehicle Crowned, (Rustproofed)?

Here in Ontario, Canada salt is put down if a cloud goes overhead, in the winter.

I know the perferation warranty is 75,000 KMS (??? Miles), but has anyone found it to be an advantage?

Newbie w/500KMS now, STILL GRINNING!!![sm=yeahsmile.gif]
I have heard and seen a few people using Rhino Liner or Line X on their truck bottoms with very eye catching results. Besides the obivious protection it also helps keep the road noise down.

As long as it is properly applied (any undercoating) it will help extend your body life. As with most everything there is no 100% way to keep all that nasty salt out, at least until that force field option comes to market. LOL

Old 02-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Dynamicxx

Yes, Crown is pricey, and I have used it before, think I'm going to check my other vehicles now, to see if they did do a complete job or not.

Big Guy, did you get a specific sprayer to apply your own?

Another question, (great forum!), is there any advantage to having wheel well liners? I'm thinking rocks/salt etc?

Thanks again.

D.

Old 02-18-2007, 02:59 PM
dillyw
Professional

Wheel well liners are definetly a good product , prevents lots, but myself here in Ontario cant find them anymore just online.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:06 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

I got to tell you, down here in Texas salt is the last thing we have to worry about but if I were going to have to live up north with a vehicle I was planning to keep, I would go with the Rhino lining idea and wrap it all the way up to the bottom of the doors. I would think something like Herculiner would work just as well and it can be applied with a roller.

Heck, I'm going to have my tub and 1/2 way up the outer part of my Jeep done one of these days.....

Old 02-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Dynamicxx

Found these on Mopar.ca

Exterior Accessories > Wheel Well Liners > Wheel Well Liners

Wheel Well Liner provides added protection to the underside of the vehicles rear wheel well and also adds an attractive flare to the vehicles looks.

Add
Part #

Description

Price

Rear Wheel Well Liner Kit, set of 2, without dual rear wheels

$102.00

[align=right][/align]

I'm presuming it's Can.$.

Will be ordering a pair this week, hopefully will install-fit OK.

Thankfully I bought my 1500 in Metallic Grey, hides the salt pretty well..[sm=smiley2.gif]

I swear, the road crews are paid by the Ton to spread as much salt as possible, but until everyone run's winter tires and not "All-Seasons", they have no choice.

Old 02-18-2007, 07:19 PM
dillyw
Professional

Those are the ones i was talking aboutmy buddy installed them and they look great , covers everything .
I will be ordering them next week for sure its a good /smart buy.

Old 02-18-2007, 09:09 PM
glock45
Professional

ORIGINAL: Dynamicxx

Found these on Mopar.ca
Exterior Accessories > Wheel Well Liners > Wheel Well Liners

Wheel Well Liner provides added protection to the underside of the vehicles rear wheel well and also adds an attractive flare to the vehicles looks.

Add
Part #

Description

Price

Rear Wheel Well Liner Kit, set of 2, without dual rear wheels

$102.00
I'm presuming it's Can.$.

Will be ordering a pair this week, hopefully will install-fit OK.

Thankfully I bought my 1500 in Metallic Grey, hides the salt pretty well..[sm=smiley2.gif]

I swear, the road crews are paid by the Ton to spread as much salt as possible, but until everyone run's winter tires and not "All-Seasons", they have no choice.
I got these exact ones for my truck I found them on Ebay for a steal from a dealer (Stivers Chrysler Jeep Suzuki) for well below the regular price.
I know they are the "real" thing as the mopar tag and original paperwork were included.

Good deals do exist on ebay! Imagine that [8D]

Quick Reply: Undercoating here in SALT LAND!