3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 06:13 PM
cr80renob
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Panel Removal

I am looking at replacing the speakers in the door. But before I do that I have a couple questions, How do you remove the inside door panel? Also, I want to replace the speakers behind me (Regular Cab Truck), How do I get to those? Thanks in advance for your help.....

Old 02-19-2007, 06:17 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Door Panel Removal

dont want to type that much so go to www.hemitruckclub.com and download the service manual

Old 02-19-2007, 07:48 PM
kvn_rivers

is wat you need to do theres two screws on the bottom of the panel 1 on the top right (drivers side) and you needa take off the door handle with a 8 point star tip pull up unplug wat needs to be unplugged and your done

Old 02-19-2007, 09:39 PM
morrjr

I can give you directions for the door speakers (I did mine a couple of weeks ago), but not for the rear speakers on a standard cab (I have a QC).

Remove two screws at the bottom of the trim panel; one screw by the side rear view mirror; and one screw by the door handle. The door handle is held on by a #40 torx head bolt. After all screws and bolts have been removed, carefully lift the trim panel straight up and pull towards you just enough to get your hand behind the panel to unplug the power window and door switch connectors.Setthe trim panelaside and do your work. Reinstall using the reverse procedure.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:59 PM
cr80renob
Captain

I don't have power door locks or windows. So how do I get the hand crank off?

Thanks a lot for your help.....It doesn't seem to be too hard

Quick Reply: Door Panel Removal