3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Here and having trouble...anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 03:44 AM
CatchMyDrift05
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here and having trouble...anyone??

Hello,
I am new to the dodge world from driving small cars from most of the time... I work at a Dealership as a salesman(Chevrolet) and i just picked up a trade in which is a 2005 Dodge Ram4.7 1500 SLT Sport with only 5,480mi on it. so i bought it 02/23/07..... The lady that owned it lived two houses down from my job and i picked it up today and traded in my 04 jetta with 19K on it.... Anyway, i drove it during the day so no need to have the lights on while taking it for a testdrive, so while i was on my way to my g/f house i had the headlights and the fog lights on at the same time and all of a sudden, MY LIGHTS WENT OFF ACCEPT FOR THE PARKERS!!! i had no idea why.... So i pulled over after about a mile of them flickering on and off, and i shut it off and restarted my truck.... So now i continue driving and never turned on my fog lights since.... Is this a common problem, or are you not supposed to drive with the fogs and headlights at the same time??? I know i'm going to bring it to DODGE to have them look at it on monday, but is this a recall???
~CatchMyDrift05~

Old 02-24-2007, 12:42 PM
matsram
Professional
Default RE: New Here and having trouble...anyone??

i drive with both on all the time in my 03 ram and no problems, maybe your switch is defective?

Old 02-24-2007, 01:09 PM
pakaalbite
Professional
Default RE: New Here and having trouble...anyone??

take it to the dealership. its under warranty