3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no wonder Toyota is best selling!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: no wonder Toyota is best selling!!!!!

Please come back later and, tell us how you like the Toyota truck.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry buddy but ur maintence guy is wrong. I don't think i've ever heard of an AWD Ram truck. I don't even think they make em where they go into four wheel drive automatically. Also I agree look at ur mods you may have screwed something up on the exhaust. bogging down and such are common symptoms of an 02 sensor being bad or the electronic throttle control.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:28 AM
mdram43
Record Breaker

maybe u should try keeping a truck stock for a while?

Old 03-01-2007, 07:02 AM
nuckingfuts22
Professional

Ok I am not going to dog ya in any way! First off I would check your fuel system. Sounds to me like you might have a bad clogged fuel filter. Your truck requires more fuel at higher miles because its doing more RPM's. Yea it from start to 50 should be effected but not always. I also agree with some of the other guys when they say check some of your mods. When I installed my CAI there were a few small connections that needed to be put back in from the stock system that I first didnt think about and it made my truck run like CRAP!!!! Its an air flow sensior. Your computer needs to know just how much air is comming in and what the temp is so it can make the correct adjustments. If you forgot to connect these connectors or just have them in wrong your computer might not be getting the correct info, but it will say its working correctly when the tech hooks up gear. Any used truck no matter how babbied it can be will have things wrong with it, its used. Replace the O2, there not that much. You might want to do a tune up on it also, I know that might be a little more but then you will know its not the plugs. I hope things work out for ya, dont get to down yet. If anything when you go to the dealer tell him that your computer is part of the emission system and if its not working correctly he has to replace it because that is under warrenty for up to 80,000 miles, although most dont tell people this.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:21 AM
cwbyup04901

well the owners manual talks about AWD, plus the control **** goes AWD--4HI--4LO

Old 03-01-2007, 11:14 AM
stump_breaker
Captain

Yes, there are AWD Rams. The selector should read AWD, 4X4 high and 4X4 low. As far as the loss of power and sluggishness, did the truck drive like this before you started modding it? If so, backtrace your steps to the point when it starts acting right again. Vehicles can be pretty sensitive to the mods placed on them. It's not like the "old" days anymore, now these things have computer tolerances, sensors and doo-hickies that tell them how to drive. Not just a gas pedal.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:42 AM
squat
Rookie

First, if it wasn't acting like this before the mods then common sense tells me that you need to take them off and see if it helps.
Second, if one of the issues sounds like an exhaust leak and you just recently put an exhaust on that could be the issue - I'd have it looked at
Third, if a person runs 87 in our hemis they can develop a tick/knock, if you think this may be the case I would ask the pastor what grade he ran.
Fourth, I've never heard of AWD in Rams, but I believe that you have it, and that's freakin cool

Old 03-01-2007, 11:46 AM
eltupac
All Star

Sometimes you get a bad truck, what can I tell you. You can probably buy a Tundra and that one can have problems too, then who do you turn too? Honda? Mazda? Nissan? There is no guarantee that anybody's truck will be perfect off the lot, used or new. I know mine wasnt, and it still isnt.
I agree with you on one thing, ASE mechanics are a piece of crap. Mechanics of old days could just hear the problem and fix it. Now, its whatever the computer says. Lazy bastards and to top it all off, they charge you like they are the freaking engineers. I have a Masters and dont make what they charge me for 2 hours of labor.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
sspp
Professional

ORIGINAL: eltupac

I agree with you on one thing, ASE mechanics are a piece of crap. Mechanics of old days could just hear the problem and fix it. Now, its whatever the computer says. Lazy bastards and to top it all off, they charge you like they are the freaking engineers. I have a Masters and dont make what they charge me for 2 hours of labor.

[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
79LRT
Professional

You have a flowmaster exhaust correct? Someone on this site or DT just said they had a Flowmaster exhaust and it had no power . turned out the muffler was put on backwards which is a no no with flos. also try ressetting pcm. it will learn your driving stile verses your pasters.

Quick Reply: no wonder Toyota is best selling!!!!!