3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

no wonder Toyota is best selling!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no wonder Toyota is best selling!!!!!

Gotta love people who instal flows backwards......

Old 03-01-2007, 08:37 PM
cwbyup04901

Backwards Damn!!!!!!!!!!! No Really its a single in dual out, if they get that wrong than they should go back to bicycles. As for the PCM its been reset twice to no avail.If I remove the mods and the truck runs right then what do i do with the mods, install it on my snowmobiles??

Old 03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
Cordoba man
Professional

All wheel drive? I haven't heard of that on dodge ram's yet. That would suck if you liked to do a few burn outs. My buddy's wife has a ford escape that's like that, AWD and 4wd. He says in AWD it doesn't kick in and he ends up putting it in 4 HI anyway.
Mods are always good to do one at a time, then when there's a problem it's easier to find .

Old 03-02-2007, 05:48 AM
bohoram
Professional

Here we go, lets start defending dodge trucks to the death as if all trucks are not basically the same. Come on and let people buy whatever truck they want.
I would "unmod" the truck and see what happens.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:22 AM
motopimp

ORIGINAL: cwbyup04901
......Bought an 04 1500 Laramie 4x4 QC with 12k miles......What $30 / per hour to work at the factory isn't enough to turn out good quality .
How does a three year old used truck that you have modified have anything to do with the factory???? I'd be curious to know what you do, so as to make an appropriate analogy to that statement.

What a year 2 trucks and both are piles of junk.....
It is a complete pile of junk because of as yet unresolved driveability issue? It is a "machine" not a living thing, therearea finite number possibilites. Slow your roll man, there is help here as you are finding out, even though the way you have gone about seeking it may not warrant it. [/quote]
had truck 2 weeks and installed K&N CAI and Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Backs. Truck has run like crap since then....
Well you have your cause and effect. It was either one of the changes (would not seem likely) or something that inadvertantly happened during the changes. Looks like great input here already for going that route. Probably better off finding a good shop in your area, versus a dealership (as you have discovered)(btw they are privately owned and other than brand name have nothing to do with the factory).If you arein the greater Metro-Detroit areaI do know ofone. Good luck.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:26 AM
motopimp

ORIGINAL: hemiman123456
....you can be a toyota guy.....haha is there even such a group??
Yeah, only they used to call them Unic's......[8D]

Old 03-02-2007, 08:33 AM
motopimp

ORIGINAL: eltupac
I have a Masters and dont make what they charge me for 2 hours of labor.
"They" don't make near what they charge you for two hours labor either. Even (or perhaps especially) in the case of a private shop owner.

Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
motopimp

Backwards Damn!!!!!!!!!!! No Really its a single in dual out.......
Well I guess that explains the exhaust leak sound.........I kid, I kid....

Old 03-02-2007, 10:58 PM
nuttyprofessor
Rookie

I would check the connections on teh CAI as mentioned earlier. As for the exhaust "leak" noise that you are hearing....it could be the flowmaster itself. I have seen this happen before where the muffler was defective and the baffles inside the muffler were screwed up from the factory.

As for the comment about engineers, I know I don't make nearly as much as I should.

Old 03-03-2007, 12:11 AM
Blonkert

I haven't put any mods on my 04 RAM 1500 SLT w/the HEMI and my truck is still good from 0-50....but i am experiencing the second problem he stated......when iput the pedal downitrevs real high and then rockets into gear.....well the word rocket is a bit drastic...still I love the truck but if anyone knows what that might be i am listening egarly......and even with my problems i think i could still destroy that yota.

Quick Reply: no wonder Toyota is best selling!!!!!