3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

First use for my tow hooks

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007 | 11:29 PM
syn65
|
Default First use for my tow hooks

Heading out my door a guy asked me to help push his girl's gmc out of the snow. Pushing someone out of a foot and a half of snow sux so i just decided to grab my dodge, hook up a cable and tow the thing out. My hemi didn't even break a sweat pulling her out even though it was in reverse and through fresh snow. She said thanks and me being a gentleman didn't even make a comment on her choice of trucks. Though it did put a big smile on my face. I love my dodge.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-01-2007 | 11:37 PM
djr04
All Star
Default RE: First use for my tow hooks

I live in eastern south dakota and we've been hit with tons of snow the past week. Needless to say the dodge has been pulling vehicles out left and right. Great to know that us dodge owners are the ones that come to the rescue when other vehicles can't get through snow.

Old 03-01-2007 | 11:39 PM
hemiman123456
Veteran

yeah going down a snowpacked road the otherday......4wd really gives u good traction........just remember that when u go to stop you loose all that traction.....

Old 03-02-2007 | 01:07 PM
nathanp
Captain

dont have tow hooks on my truck, figured they didnt install them cause they knew id never get stuck and have to use them haha

Old 03-02-2007 | 01:51 PM
flexman

well while i cant say that we get just foot after foot of snow over this way, i can say we have mud, and lots of it and i get calls all the time from my buddies and people i know asking me to pull them out just constantly!i think i should start a buisness with this thing!

Old 03-02-2007 | 03:15 PM
BgBluRam
Captain

Was at a buddies house the other night, and about 8" of fresh snow fell within minutes. He drives a VW Jetta, and as we were walking out to the vehicles, he was like man I'm going to run off the road or get stuck or something. So I asked him if he wanted a ride, and we went out to the bar. When I was dropping him back off at home, there was about 6" of snow that stuck to his street which is on a hillside, and is pretty steep. So steep thatit doesn't ever get plowed.He was concerned that we weren't going to make it, but I never doubted the Dodge, and the Auburn did justice! I have a couple pics, ill try to get them posted.

Old 03-03-2007 | 02:32 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Although i don't have tow hooks in the front, I wonder if i would be able to pull someone out, utilizing the tow hitch on the back?
Anyone know?

Old 03-03-2007 | 05:47 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

I actually have a hook that mounts in the reciever of the hitch... looks cool, works good.

Old 03-03-2007 | 06:44 PM
djr04
All Star

Yeah you can just hook onto the receiver. Yesterday I spent three hours pulling out cars at college (about 20 cars in all), and I used both the front hooks and the receiver. I did notice though that I seemed to get better traction when I went in reverse and pulled with the tow hooks.

Old 03-03-2007 | 10:53 PM
deanj287
Captain

^^ should a charged em!!

back in the summer we hit up this dry creek bed, except it wasnt totally dry and was all clay. two jeeps got stuck trying to help tow another ford out then to help them out my friend brought his f550 and blew the tranny and sank it to the axels and then the tow truck got stuck behind him! guess who pulled the tow truck folowed by the f550? a dodge 2500. haha it was great people where stoppin to watch us as this guy pulled em out. kinda sucked though as i was in my buddies jeep (right behind the ford that orginally got stuck) and this clay/mud was waste deep out there

Quick Reply: First use for my tow hooks