3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

20" Wheels Question??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 03:31 PM
nathanp
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 20" Wheels Question??

hmmm i believe it does yes, ill have to look and make sure though... shocks shouldnt matter what size of rim u put on though

Old 03-20-2007, 03:50 PM
06Mopar
Professional

Well see i can barely stick my fingers between the tire at the top and the arm that comes out from the top of the coil spring... It was factory that way... Which with it bein like that i dont think i could even put a bigger tire on it....

Old 03-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 07Ram1500

So are you saying that the Sport has bigger calipers and so does the SLT depending on which wheels you choose?[sm=insomnia.gif] If that's the case, you're saying you get bigger calipers on the SLT if you choose 20's? Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't make much sense.
No thats not what I am saying. SLT's have an option for 20" rims thats it. Why don't you go to Dodge's web site and build a truuck and you will see what I am yalking about!!!

Old 03-20-2007, 08:55 PM
nathanp
Captain

hmmm not sure what your talking about, if you could take a picture it would help explain, cause i mean i took my 20's off and put 17" rims with 33" m/t's on and have been fine, even in extreme off-road flexing

Old 03-20-2007, 09:12 PM
helopilot
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Dodgeramman

So are you saying that the Sport has bigger calipers and so does the SLT depending on which wheels you choose?[sm=insomnia.gif] If that's the case, you're saying you get bigger calipers on the SLT if you choose 20's? Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't make much sense.
No thats not what I am saying. SLT's have an option for 20" rims thats it. Why don't you go to Dodge's web site and build a truuck and you will see what I am yalking about!!!
I am so confused, in post #4 above you said
brakes are bigger.

Old 03-20-2007, 09:44 PM
07Ram1500

ORIGINAL: helopilot

brakes are bigger.
Me too.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:19 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: helopilot

brakes are bigger.

Ok sit down and try to understand. Sport package comes stock with 20" rims because there brakes ARE bigger. There is maybee a2 inchesbetween rim and caliper so there is no way a 17" would fit. SLT comes stock with 17" rims and have an option for 20" rims the brakes are the same size with either rim. It's just a accessories option.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:30 PM
helopilot
Veteran

Ok sit down and try to understand. Sport package comes stock with 20" rims because there brakes ARE bigger. There is maybee a2 inchesbetween rim and caliper so there is no way a 17" would fit. SLT comes stock with 17" rims and have an option for 20" rims the brakes are the same size with either rim. It's just a accessories option.
Dude you are smoking crack. Sport models do not have bigger brakes...it is an appearance package only.

Bigger brakes...that's funny!!!

Now between the 1500 and 2500/3500 yes, but ALL 1500's have the same brakes unless they are after market.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

OK you abviously are the Ram God and you know how my truck is set up.Since youare the all knowing tell me how can I put a 17" rim on my truck with only 2" of space with a 20" rim?There is noway! So untill you know my truck don't tell me I'm smoking crack.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:03 PM
helopilot
Veteran

OK you abviously are the Ram God and you know how my truck is set up.Since youare the all knowing tell me how can I put a 17" rim on my truck with only 2" of space with a 20" rim?There is noway! So untill you know my truck don't tell me I'm smoking crack.
I am saying that Dodge did not put special brakes on YOUR truck compared to all of the other 1500's in the world.

Just out of curiousity have you tried putting on a 17" rim yet?

Quick Reply: 20" Wheels Question??