3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 1500 4x4 leveling Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:08 PM
blitzpit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 1500 4x4 leveling Kit

How goes ppl.

I'm new to the site and have seen many of the same topic re-posted, so I appologize if my post has been asked already,

I just bought a Brand SPanking new 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 (5.7 Hemi) 4x4.
I also just orderd a set of 35x12.5x17 Toyo Open Country M/T from my tire guy.
He say's the tires will fit and I shouldn't have any problems. The only thing is, I know the front tires will be way to close and I want minimal to no rubbing Since I do alot of off-roading in the summer.

I want to know 2 things. What exactly should I do to prevent the rubbing in the front without a lift kit. (trucks under Warranty)

I'd like to know if there uis anything I can do to the truck such as a leveling kit or any other adjustments.

Problem with the leveling kit is that I've been un able to find a leveling kit for a 07 Ram 1500. Seems they haven't been mde yet.

I have also been reading some of the other posts and many people have been saying to adjust the suspension? or the torsion bar?

please if anyone could verify this for me or has any ideas on what I should do please help.

P.S. I will Post pics of how the truck looks the day I get the tires in. Originally I wanted 37" toyo open country M/T's lol, but my tire guy said I would have to do some heavy modification and the 35" would be the biggest I could do without modifying anything.

Old 03-11-2007, 11:47 PM
blitzpit
Default RE: 2007 1500 4x4 leveling Kit

Anyone??

Old 03-12-2007, 03:12 PM
blitzpit

lol, Can anyone help me with this? or am I on my own?

Old 03-14-2007, 04:03 AM
wyorat

Hey blitz! I'm running into the same problem.Nobody seems to want to share their intel. Here's what I have found out through research. I called www.4wheelparts.com Denver branch and they said the new 06-07 ReadyLift leveling kit should be on its way. Do a search for ReadyLift to get a look at an 07 leveled. I know of one guy on this site that says he has installed it but hasn't posted any info. The kit is on sale right now for around $225+. I would question them about replacing the block in the rear with one that will raise it 1-2 inches over stock. The kit seem to make the truck sit nose high. It's only an illusion created by the larger opening in the front wheel well.
As for your original question. I don't think you can clear 35's on the stock suspension without rubbing. I run 285's and use my truck off road in some pretty rugged terrain here in Wyoming. They never hit at any angle even with the tires cranked.Your 35's would probably do fine for around town driving. You get off road and crank the wheel going into a washout or ditch those 35's are going to rub. The best thing you could do is find out for yourself. Put them on and just find aclose byditch along the roadand approach it at several angles to see if they hit. Really tweak the suspension and get them as close to the fender as possible. Then get out and stand on the bumper to see if you can make it hit. That's what I do to check for clearance. If there's no contact your probably fine for normal off roading. Second, check on both the inside and outside of the tire to see if yourtires are giving you proper clearance and that they aren't rubbing on any suspension components. Check both the compressed side and the extended side of the suspension. If they are rubbing, then you need a less positive offset wheel (factory offset is 17"/25mm, 20"/30mm)than the one you have on. The only problem with this is that you will most likely rub and have to install the leveling kit to run a 0 offset wheel. That means new wheels. Bummer[:@]If nothing hits your good to go
I'm only telling you this because I preferfunction over appearance.Like you,I don't want to have to trim my bumper. When it comes down to it I will probably install this leveling kit also. I was just hoping someone would post some info on what they thought of it. I have had a lot of hits but no answers. Everyone is probably looking to find someonethat is running a leveling kit.
I would really like to install the Kore suspension ( www.koreperformance.com) , but it looks a little too aggressive. Not to mention the cost. They're still working on it but it looks nice. Check it out. Hope I helped a little. If you do end up using this ReadyLift let me know what you think. If not, I might have to just put one on to find out myself. See yah!

Old 03-14-2007, 01:05 PM
mpd2436
Professional

I have an 04 1500 4x4 and have torsion keys installed along with my torsion bars adjusted. I know you have an 07 but it should be a comparable setup to mine. With this I can easily fit 35's on it without rubbing. Do a google or ebay search for the torsion keys for Dodges and you should find some companies to help you. I got mine from ebay for $100.00. It's been two years and no problems at all. You could also jadjustthe screws to your Torsion bars to get the height you want. That is if your setup is similar to mine.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:39 PM
bigjrussell
Captain

I've read that the torsion bars went away with the '07 4x4's and that they now use a strut assembly. I'm not the expert, just something to look in to. Easy enough to just go out and look, but I don't have one. I'm having a hard enough time finding a reliable leveling kit for my '06 2wd. Theres plenty of those rubber and eurethane spring donuts and I've found a few spring kits, but nobody has any real experience with them and I'd like to get more research done on anything before I start tearing apart my front end.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:20 PM
wyorat

Me again. The new trucks are a coil over suspension. Torsion keys are for a torsion bar suspensions (03-05). The ReadyLift kit for the new truck(06-07) is like the one my dad and brother just put on their 07 Chevy's. Keep in mind I'm talking about 4x4's. I'm not sure if these leveling kits will work on 2wd Rams. They are steelspacers that mount to the frame and then the suspension is reattached. This is done to maintain thefactory ride (unlike thedoughnut kits) and take away the need to purchase new shocks. My dads truck runs perfect with his leveling kit. All you need afterthe install is an alignment. TheReadyLift is a little more costly than the other leveling kits I have found online. I found a similar kit on ebay that is cheaper. I was shocked to see that they had it.Here's thepage- http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-...spagenameZWDVW. It looks very similar to the ReadLift. Only one word of caution; I have heard that these leveling kits might cause some vibration in the front end. I emailed these guys and they say some trucks do and some don't. You have probably have seen this problem talked about in the forum. Something with the transfer case index ring. Dodge engineers are supposedly working on the problem. I see that Fabtech actually give you this part along with a transmission mount with their 6" lift.Both designed to take out vibration in the driveline. More money than I want to spend! My 07 doesn't seem to have any vibration. Maybe the fix is already being installed at the factory. Maybe the Fabtech index ring would help solve this problem with you guys experiencing vibration. Maybe the tranny drop might be a better option. Like on most Jeep wranglers. I put one on my 98 Cherokee and it worked. Might be worth calling them. I don't mind loosing warranty work on the suspension. It's rarely a problem. I just don't want to mess with the driveline components. Maybe after my 3yr/36,0000 warranty runs out. Sorry if I seem to be running on guys. I been looking at this problem for a month. Ever since I bought my 07. I trying to research and find out what my best options would be. I don't mind sharing what I have found and hope it helps some of you guys out. Hopefully I'll make up my mind and post anupdate with some picks.

Trending Topics

Old 03-15-2007, 03:21 AM
interceptor

I am new to Dodge and have been looking for a leveling kit myself. I've seen the Tuff Country aluminum spacers and the ready lift. Rancho came out with a new product at SEMA in late '06 called the readyLIFT. I am very interested in the Rancho readyLIFT which is supposed to raise the truck 1-2.5 inches and give you a 9 position adjustable shock. However, nobody knows anything about it and Rancho will not answer my emails to tell me if this new lift will be available for the '06-'07 1500. I am going to wait for a while and then decide which leveling kit I'm going to put on.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:06 PM
SXRYAN

Google Top gun customz, Revtech, Tuff country! They all make a level kit to raise front 2-2.5"
I'm currently running the TGC 2.5" kit and like it!

Old 08-16-2007, 03:59 PM
rock ram

i have a 2006 4x4 with coil overs and a 2.5 inch lift. 35" high is not a problem but the 12.50 will hit the control arm. you hve to be under 11.5" in width.

Quick Reply: 2007 1500 4x4 leveling Kit