3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

FINALLY OPENED IT UP

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 11:17 PM
FREEZ1099
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FINALLY OPENED IT UP

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING ABOUT THE 105mph,
BUT IT WAS HANGIN AT 115 AND I DONT HAVE A TUNER.
IF I EVER.......WELL, I KNOW I'LL BE THERE AGAIN,I'LL GET A PIC JUST TO MAKE SURE.

Old 03-13-2007, 11:19 PM
helopilot
Veteran

ORIGINAL: djr04

115 without a tuner? I thought DC set the limiter at 105
All you have to do is turn your key forward like you are starting it. Most of your gauges will go dead, but it gets rid of the limiter.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:48 AM
DelawareDon
Professional

Sorry Guys....but I gotta say this. As a former volunteer paramedic and member of a fire department rescue squad, I've had to pick up more than my share of shattered bodies off the highway with a snow shovel and plastic bags. In many instances,those bags contained the remains of folks who thought they were invincible...who thought it could never happen to them. Anyone who thinks street racing is "kool" or represents a "moment of glory" should be required to have that experience...and/or to spend a weekend in an emergency room.Even more devastating is the fact that entirely too often, theyalso killed innocent men, women and children. Keep it on therace track or drag strip, please!!!! Now that I've related my own experience on this matter.....go ahead and flame away.

Old 03-14-2007, 05:31 AM
bohoram
Professional

ORIGINAL: HemiLonestar

I think you both should have been pulled over, by the way how old are you? I am guessing 17 at the most.
And you? Are you so perfect and angelic?[sm=bs.gif][sm=lame.gif]
First off, I am niether perfect nor angelic.
It is entertaining to listen to you guys and your wannabe machismo slang-"I FINALLY OPENED HER UP TODAY" yee friggin ha!!!! "MOMENT OF GLORY"-"I GET MY BIKE FASTER THAN THAT". GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK!!!!!! As a young husband and father, I can only hope that you IDIOTS kill yourself and not some innocent child or family, because that would be a high price to pay for being a stupid as***le. My favorite story was the guy who sped by someone to give the "one finger wave" and how the guy looked SO SCARED....sure he did, when you had the pedal down looking oh so tough, did you have one hand on the wheel and the other stroking your *****? You guys think you are so damn tough in these trucks it is so amusing, come try it with me and this construction working fool will beat your wannabe macho ***, in the street, next to your "big scary truck".
If you havent noticed I hate people that drive like ******** to be cool, and there is alot of you on these boards. Long story short, kill yourself and nobody else then it wont be a big loss, just some stupid idiot trying to be cool. Go ahead start flaming me but remember I am right and you, well who cares what you think. I think it is a case of big truck small *****, just my opinion.
By the way, can anyone justify doing 100 mph in a 5000 pound truck....probably not but you peckerwoods will give it a try.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 AM
bwhaler9

well said

Old 03-14-2007, 07:24 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

First off, I am niether perfect nor angelic.
It is entertaining to listen to you guys and your wannabe machismo slang-"I FINALLY OPENED HER UP TODAY" yee friggin ha!!!! "MOMENT OF GLORY"-"I GET MY BIKE FASTER THAN THAT". GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK!!!!!! As a young husband and father, I can only hope that you IDIOTS kill yourself and not some innocent child or family, because that would be a high price to pay for being a stupid as***le. My favorite story was the guy who sped by someone to give the "one finger wave" and how the guy looked SO SCARED....sure he did, when you had the pedal down looking oh so tough, did you have one hand on the wheel and the other stroking your *****? You guys think you are so damn tough in these trucks it is so amusing, come try it with me and this construction working fool will beat your wannabe macho ***, in the street, next to your "big scary truck".
If you havent noticed I hate people that drive like ******** to be cool, and there is alot of you on these boards. Long story short, kill yourself and nobody else then it wont be a big loss, just some stupid idiot trying to be cool. Go ahead start flaming me but remember I am right and you, well who cares what you think. I think it is a case of big truck small *****, just my opinion.
By the way, can anyone justify doing 100 mph in a 5000 pound truck....probably not but you peckerwoods will give it a try.
That IS your opinion...and you are entitled to it...and opinions being like ********, everyone has one and they all stink (or are full of ****, whichever version you like). And what's with the "ball stroking" comment? Are you THAT childish? If someone wants to drive too fast, then they will pay for it at some point, thats the way the law of averages works. YOU started this whole getting personal with someone calling them out with the whole 17 comment. I think you're just ticked because someone called you on it. No reason to be personal here. Can I justify 100mph in a 5000lb truck? YUP, late at night on the highway with no one around. So rein in your attitude, because at this point it sounds like YOU are the 17 yr old....

Old 03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
todb
Rookie

Well said Bohoram when will people learn TRUCKS ARE NOT RACE CARS.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:05 PM
helopilot
Veteran

ORIGINAL: todb

Well said Bohoram when will people learn TRUCKS ARE NOT RACE CARS.
Tell that to the folks running 10's and 11's with their Rams.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

Well what the hell is aHEMI with stock 275/60s for if not for speed? Granted there are idiots out on the road that should be on a bus. But if I come up on a ricer at 70 your damn sure I'm gonna drop the hammer and blow by him. I've done it and willkeep doing it. Oh and by the way I spent 15 years in the fire service and pealed many bodies from trees and dashboards, it's not a cure just a reminder. Also I'm 35 and do well over100 on my sledsand there are no airbags!!!!

Old 03-14-2007, 11:31 PM
j rock

so are you telling me uve never, ever gone over the speed limit? i have 1 thing to say to that and guess what it is ? BULL**** everyone does it i dont care who you are. father, husband yamy dad does it my brother doesit and so do i who doesnt and its not about ur **** size it just PLAIN FUN.it coulda been worsehe coulda been drunkwhile drive lots of people do that all the time so whatever leave the guy alone jesus he just likes going fast sometimesoh and by the way why did you have to throw in the whole construction deal what are you macho?

Quick Reply: FINALLY OPENED IT UP