3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight Cover Film

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 10:14 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Headlight Cover Film

I recently noticed that my clear covers over the headlights have gotten foggy, like a film has grown on them. Any ideas? Bad seal? Pop them open and scrub them out? What you got for me guys?

Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM
djr04
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Headlight Cover Film

Possible wear on the outside or a bad seal. You could try plastic polish, I've used it on some headlights and it cleaned off a lot of the cloudiness.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Foiled
Veteran

I would pick up some lens polish and test it on a small area. If that fixes it then follow the directions and do the entire light. But after that to help protect them I would put a few coats of wax on them.

I have cleaned the lights on my Avenger many times and once I tried putting several coats of wax on after and it seemed to help make the lens polish last longer.

There may be a better way to lock in the polish but I never tried anything else since the wax did the job for me. I think the reason it works is because the wax blocks the Sun's rays that cloud them. Also helps all the road crap roll off.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Captain Squalus
Record Breaker

Try this product I use it on my aircraft windshields and it works great.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...eshscratch.php

Quick Reply: Headlight Cover Film