3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interior lights wont stay on.... and mud flap fell off...

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007 | 02:22 AM
dacaur
Default Interior lights wont stay on.... and mud flap fell off...

HI.First, itsa 2006, 1500, 2x4, single cab, short bed, V6, auto with manual windows and locks.......

That's out of the way now.. My problem is that my interior lights dont stay on, I open the door to get in, the lights come on for about 5-20 seconds then turn off.... when I shut the door they come back on, again for about 5-20 seconds then turn off... Even if I turn on the lights manually with the dimmer switch they will stay on for about 5-20 seconds, then turn off... the light that illuminates the bed does the same thing... I can turn it on, and 5-20 seconds later it turns off... but the light in the dash that tells you its on is still lit, if i press the light button again it (the light in the dash)goes out, and then i can press it again to turn the outside light back on, but it will go out again in 5-20 seconds.....

So.... any ideas? I'm going in Friday for my wheel bearings, should I bring this up then or is there something i can do to fix it? Its really annoying....

Second problem just happened today, my wife went out to go to work today and noticed my (passenger) mudflap lying on the ground... I found one of the screws that holds it on nearby, no sign of the other.... It was really windy last night (20+Mph with higher gusts), is it possible that the screws worked loose on their own, then one fell out some time ago and the wind finally just worked the other loose? Just seems odd to me becasue I would think I would notice that the flap was hanging funny or something.... Of course, it did take me over a week to notice that my front licence plate had fallen off... (confirmed by pictures taken a week before I noticed it showing the plate missing....) Also, whats the best place to get a replacment screw?... lows and home depot got nothing....

Old 03-28-2007 | 02:34 PM
Claw
Rookie
Default RE: Interior lights wont stay on.... and mud flap fell off...

My interior lights were doing the same thing. I disconnected the battery for a few minutes, and that solved the problem.

Old 03-28-2007 | 04:41 PM
bigjrussell
Captain
Default RE: Interior lights wont stay on.... and mud flap fell off...

When you go in for service, ask them about putting the starscan tool on it to see if they can change any of that. I know they can do a lot of tweaking with it, you just need to ask.

Quick Reply: Interior lights wont stay on.... and mud flap fell off...