CAT Back Exhausts

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 09:14 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default CAT Back Exhausts

Post info on what is on the market, costs, and any experience you have had.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:28 PM
CarGuyOhio

Not a complete CAT back, but a DIY exhaust upgrade. They are available for the dual and single exhaust exit and in a variety of three sound levels, the one in my DIY is the most aggressive one.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/diy-do-...4rt10ohio.html

Old 06-14-2009, 05:07 PM
morepower29
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not picked up my 09 crewcab laramie 4x2 yet. I will get it this week. Everywhere I go I see your posts. I noticed that there are 2 resonators before the tips. How many more are there? Have you considered getting rid of them. The mufflex sounds good for the price but I put a magnaflow on my 07 and am thinking that is the way I will go with this one also. I am very cost conciensious so a real magnaflow kit is too high priced. I got the one on my 07 off ebay with pre bent mandrel pipes for like 250 or so. They have not came out with the kit for the 09 yet.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:51 AM
CarGuyOhio

Those are the only resonators. No need to remove, the 14 series Mufflex is loud enough for a DD, at least for me.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:22 PM
09 RT RAM
Talking

Originally Posted by morepower29
I have not picked up my 09 crewcab laramie 4x2 yet. I will get it this week. Everywhere I go I see your posts. I noticed that there are 2 resonators before the tips. How many more are there? Have you considered getting rid of them. The mufflex sounds good for the price but I put a magnaflow on my 07 and am thinking that is the way I will go with this one also. I am very cost conciensious so a real magnaflow kit is too high priced. I got the one on my 07 off ebay with pre bent mandrel pipes for like 250 or so. They have not came out with the kit for the 09 yet.

Mufflex uses Magnaflow mufflers as sold on ebay, just an fyi...

Old 07-06-2009, 12:38 AM
morepower29
Professional
Default mufflex

Originally Posted by 09 RT RAM
Mufflex uses Magnaflow mufflers as sold on ebay, just an fyi...
Yeah I noticed that after looking at them a little longer. It's the same muffler I had on my magnaflow cat back on my 07

Old 07-09-2009, 09:16 AM
buckarcher
Veteran

Here's my review of the magnaflow mufflex kit DODs14.
I originally got the kit and was surprised at how small it was compared to the stock muffler. I could see straight through it and became worried of how loud it would be. To my surprise the kit did not fit because they forgot to flange the input end of the kit. I put the stock one back on and contacted Mufflex. I realize mistakes happen and their customer service is awesome. They had a replacement out the door within 2 hours of my call. I got the replacement 2 days later and completed the simple install in 20 minutes with my air gun. I started it up and was shocked at how quiet the dodge still sounded.

My wife hates loud vehicles and I live in town, so I was afraid it would be too loud. Not the case at all. The truck sounds like it should sound stock. The tone is great and there is no way I will wake anyone up with this thing, but you can here it running and accelerations make you believe the 390 hp rating. It still sounds a little conservative to me and I am waiting a few thousand miles to determine if I want to remove the resonator. I am very pleased with this muffler and the Mufflex is so easy it can be installed by monkies. There is no reason anyone should be afraid of the 14" being to loud. It can be mildly heard at highway speeds but isn't that what it is supposed to do? My eight month old son is not bothered by it at all. I think it even helps him go to sleep. When the MDS kicks in I struggle to here it at all.

I had a 79 built and lifted blazer with no cats and true dual exhaust. My first set up was with flow master mufflers and my second was with Dynomax mufflers. This magnaflow exhaust set-up doesn't even compare to how loud the blazer was. On a scale of 1-10 on how happy I am with the Mufflex kit, I would give it a 8 only because I wish it was a tad louder and because I am a big fan of welding the exhaust. I would have just got the muffler if I had some experience and equipment for welding stainless.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:53 PM
needmorecowbell

I just installed my Magnaflow (Mufflex) 14M (Wild or 9 of 10 scale)on Monday this week. It is a great improvement and sounds great when you start hitting 3rd gear and beyond. A buddy of mine at work has the same trunk and we started them up together. You can hear difference. It's not as loud as you think it would be at idle, but no biggy.

I installed it myself in around an 1.5 hours, by myself, with the truck on the ground. Would have been nice to have an extra set of hands for the removal of the stock muffler and the install of the new muffler, but I couldn't wait for help to arrive.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Usmc Mopar
Amateur

I decided to install my Magnaflow catback dual out system before leaving Las Vegas ( I am moving to North Carolina) I figured it would get me better gas mileage and more hp for towing the trailer with my wifes car on it. I am about half way through my trip and I will tell you that I have noticed a reasonable difference! I especially love it when I unhook the trailer and I get to drive my truck around by itself, it sounds great and the throttle response is awesome! Took me from my typical 14 mpg to 16-17 mpg. The only thing that don't like is that the tips have turned gold (from the exhaust heat) and I liked the chrome.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:02 PM
CountryBoyBill

how about a vid of your exhaust usmc mopar

Quick Reply: CAT Back Exhausts