4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anyone debadge the Ram???

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 01:01 AM
reeseonfire
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one side done took me about an hour, then it started getting dark outside and really cold, so i'll give my fingers a rest for the night and hit the other side tomorrow.

Has anyone looked arround to see whats out there for other Badges, for example the transformers logo. I've been looking on ebay to see if theres something out there to dress up the side... but if im going to put any thing on the side, i'd probably put it on the quarter panel where the F-Series fords put their badges.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:29 AM
MrCrash
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One side done in a hour? How are you removing them? I had both sides fully cleaned in under 30 minutes. Eraser wheel FTW!

Old 12-04-2010, 01:05 PM
reeseonfire
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, i looked everywhere for that eraser wheel and i couldn't find it. So I just bought a heat gun and used a cloth to rub off the 3M tape.... I would have liked to find an eraser wheel, cause I'm not the biggest fan of long boring work

Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 PM
rrdstarr
Rookie
Default Hmmmm?

I always thought debadging was rather lame! Maybe because I am 47, not 27! But I have to say that the Sports(all one colour) look nice with the badges removed from the doors and fenders!

Old 12-04-2010, 08:44 PM
jake7
All Star

Anyone thought of painting their badges? If you like them on (I personally do not) then painting them would give them a custom touch. Taking the badges off is very easy...putting them back on is even easier...Just an idea

Old 04-16-2012, 11:35 AM
John Valdes
Veteran

My truck is an early 2009 (Feb) and I removed the B-Pillar Block outs last Saturday. Now I am looking at that big "RAM" badge on each side.
I plan to leave the "Hemi" badge and only remove the big "RAM" on each door.
Since the truck is over three years old, will it be noticeable concerning the finish/paint.
You can see a small difference where I removed the black outs since that area was covered for 3 plus years.
I am concerned about the blue being darker under the badges. Also the ahesive is older and dryer by now. Will this be a issue?
Oh! Is the "RAM" one piece. Or single letters?

Old 04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
shieldsdb
Rookie

Originally Posted by rrdstarr
I always thought debadging was rather lame! Maybe because I am 47, not 27! But I have to say that the Sports(all one colour) look nice with the badges removed from the doors and fenders!
I'm with ya, age wise. I thought about painting all the chrome parts of the badges flat black (my truck is black). I thought it might be a nice way to de-badge w/o de-badging.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM
gopackgo69
Rookie

I debadged mine today, but I then trimmed off the the "hemi" part and painted it black metallic paint . Then I replaced them onto the hood sorta like the way they are on the challenger. I didnt want to go the flat black look like some, my truck it shiney and I wanted the hemi shiney too.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Patsfan
Professional

Originally Posted by bryce05
I have'nt even gotten mine yet and I'm starting to like the look!
Does anyone have a pic of a silver debadged 1500. My new sliver sport will be here on the 10th

Name:  DSC_0107.jpg
Views: 1366
Size:  38.4 KB

Old 08-02-2012, 12:47 PM
SolarPLEX
Rookie

i ****ed my black paint hard debadging removing the foam with goo gone.... going to take it to a body shop to see if they can use a compound and buff it out. Next time ill take it to a body shop to get done.......Some one hit me in a parking lot scuffing my front bumper, if they cant fix my paint ill get insurance to paint the whole truck.

Lots of guys are plastidiping theirs, youtube plastidip badges and see how it works, if you dont like it you can peel the paint off.

Quick Reply: Anyone debadge the Ram???