4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mufflex DOD24M

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:42 AM
andy78
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thinking bout goin this route with the 24'' mufflex, since its all stainless steel. Living in buffalo were they salt the crap out of roads i would think it would be better for me. Had a muffler welded on my last truck and it rotted out after one winter( flowmaster) How are they holdin up so far any leaks, or falling off. Also anyone have the 24 with the rear resonators removed. Thanks guys and to stealth for startin this thread..

Old 07-19-2010, 11:00 AM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by andy78
thinking bout goin this route with the 24'' mufflex, since its all stainless steel. Living in buffalo were they salt the crap out of roads i would think it would be better for me. Had a muffler welded on my last truck and it rotted out after one winter( flowmaster) How are they holdin up so far any leaks, or falling off. Also anyone have the 24 with the rear resonators removed. Thanks guys and to stealth for startin this thread..
Mine still looks like the day I put it on, and I'm from Illinois and they love to use the road salt also. I haven't had any problems with mine and I have never regretted putting it on.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 AM
andy78

cool thanks stealth for your help and input, probably gonna order it today, and they said ill have it by friday..cant wait....

Old 07-19-2010, 11:23 AM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by andy78
cool thanks stealth for your help and input, probably gonna order it today, and they said ill have it by friday..cant wait....
I couldn't be more happier with the 24" so good luck to you, You should be very happy with the 24" (not loud, but when you stick your foot into it, you know you have duels) and best of all no cab drone.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:37 PM
hounddogg
Record Breaker

I have a Magnaflow XL 24 with no resonators.Wife says it sounds like a high end sports car.Girlfriend says its just plain loud.Took me a while to be OK with it.I thought it was a bit loud also.I'm OK with it.Drone is minimal even towing.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:58 PM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by hounddogg
I have a Magnaflow XL 24 with no resonators.Wife says it sounds like a high end sports car.Girlfriend says its just plain loud.Took me a while to be OK with it.I thought it was a bit loud also.I'm OK with it.Drone is minimal even towing.
thats what I like about the Mufflex DOD24M, nice low grumble when you stick you foot down its throat, other than that you don't even know that you have duels.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:57 PM
DOO-DREW
Amateur

Anyone know what the Magnaflow part number is for the 24" model?? Thinking I'll got the ebay route and get it welded up locally. Did a search on here and only found the part # for the 18".

Old 01-31-2011, 07:58 AM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by DOO-DREW
Anyone know what the Magnaflow part number is for the 24" model?? Thinking I'll got the ebay route and get it welded up locally. Did a search on here and only found the part # for the 18".
The part # for the 24" is DOD24M

Old 01-31-2011, 08:06 AM
DOO-DREW
Amateur

Originally Posted by stealthgoat
The part # for the 24" is DOD24M

Thanks... but that's for the Mufflex kit. Did some checking around and I think it's the Magnaflow part #12388. The 18" listed somewhere on the site is part# 12288. Both are 3" in and dual 2.5" out. JUst want to verify the #12388 part number before I order one. $198 list and $101 shipped from Amazon.com

Old 01-31-2011, 08:14 AM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by DOO-DREW
Thanks... but that's for the Mufflex kit. Did some checking around and I think it's the Magnaflow part #12388. The 18" listed somewhere on the site is part# 12288. Both are 3" in and dual 2.5" out. JUst want to verify the #12388 part number before I order one. $198 list and $101 shipped from Amazon.com
Oh sorry, I thought that was what you where looking for. I can't help you out with the other part number as I went with the mufflex kit on mine.

Quick Reply: Mufflex DOD24M