Mufflex DOD24M - Page 8 - DodgeForum.com

Notices
4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mufflex DOD24M

Old 01-31-2011, 09:26 AM
DOO-DREW
Amateur

Originally Posted by stealthgoat View Post
Oh sorry, I thought that was what you where looking for. I can't help you out with the other part number as I went with the mufflex kit on mine.

Are you having success with yours?? I have read a ton of posts where the Mufflex kit becomes loose or has clamp issues. Most are saying they have to take it to a muffler shop to have it tacked up to stay in place anyway. So $101 + $50?? for an install seems better that $239.00+$20 shipping and possible issues or having it welded anyway. But you know these forums... youdson't hear all the happy people, just the ones with a gripe.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:34 AM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by DOO-DREW View Post
Are you having success with yours?? I have read a ton of posts where the Mufflex kit becomes loose or has clamp issues. Most are saying they have to take it to a muffler shop to have it tacked up to stay in place anyway. So $101 + $50?? for an install seems better that $239.00+$20 shipping and possible issues or having it welded anyway. But you know these forums... youdson't hear all the happy people, just the ones with a gripe.
I'm very happy with mine, I did a self install about a year and a half ago and I personally have never had any problems with it. I love it, it's one of the best purchase's I have made for the truck.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:09 AM
DOO-DREW
Amateur

Hey guys. Any updates on the the 24" Mufflex. They get any louder after having them on for a while? Heard that happens? I have a CAI, do you think that would cause the exhaust to be a little louder as well? Got a b-day later this month so I'm going to order myself the 18 or 24. Just don't want it to be too loud but I want to hear I have a Hemi.

Old 09-05-2011, 04:30 PM
stealthgoat
Professional

Originally Posted by DOO-DREW View Post
Hey guys. Any updates on the the 24" Mufflex. They get any louder after having them on for a while? Heard that happens? I have a CAI, do you think that would cause the exhaust to be a little louder as well? Got a b-day later this month so I'm going to order myself the 18 or 24. Just don't want it to be too loud but I want to hear I have a Hemi.
I've had mine on for around two years now and it has gotten a little louder but still no drone and still quite at highway speeds. Sounds awesome taken off up through the gears. Just go for it, you won't regret it!

Old 03-20-2017, 09:36 PM
Robert Pullen

Originally Posted by topgun View Post
Do any of you guys notice a loss of low end with the lesser back pressure?
​​​​​​Thats an old myth. These guys do a really good examination of larger exhaust with different mufflers. The reality is the better it can breath the more horses and torque the engine will make.

https://youtu.be/_PVXvHkr-Vs

Old 03-20-2017, 09:39 PM
Robert Pullen

Anyone know what magnaflow muffler model number is being used on the dod24m?