4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bakflip HD - not so HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009 | 03:43 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Finally got a response, and considering that I asked them how to repair it, I'm pretty unimpressed.

If I submitted to my insurance company, it would be a cold day in hell before BakFlip saw another dollar of my money.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reviewing the images you sent us as well as consulting with various other tonneau cover manufacturers, we are unable to replace your cover due to this being an act of God.

We suggest your insurance company be contacted for a replacement cover.

Old 08-11-2009 | 03:55 PM
ArcticWolf
Professional

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After reviewing the images you sent us as well as consulting with various other tonneau cover manufacturers, we are unable to replace your cover due to this being an act of God.

We suggest your insurance company be contacted for a replacement cover.[/quote]

Who the hell are they kidding? I would recontact them and used there own advert against them. I mean how can they claim it to be :
"Absolute all season freindly-100% resistant to rain, snow and the elements". I do believe hail to be an element of mother nature, NOT GOD.

Old 08-11-2009 | 08:11 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Originally Posted by ArcticWolf

Who the hell are they kidding? I would recontact them and used there own advert against them. I mean how can they claim it to be :
"Absolute all season freindly-100% resistant to rain, snow and the elements". I do believe hail to be an element of mother nature, NOT GOD.
Yup, pretty lame. $800+ for a supposedly heavy duty cover and that is their response. If there were any dents on the truck, I wouldn't be complaining - but the truck is fine and only the POS bakflip was damaged.

Should have bought a real heavy duty cover, not the BakFlip HD (Hail damage)

Old 08-13-2009 | 10:24 AM
j-rod82
Rookie

Umm.. maybe you need to contact them again and remind them what is said in their FAQ section on their website.

What about snow and ice? Snow and ice are no match for the BakFlip. Simply break any ice build up off the cover or sweep off snow. The BakFlip is designed to perform in extreme temperatures. Since the panels are impact resistant, they cannot dent, so even hail is not a problem.
Here is the link to the FAQ http://www.bakflip-tonneau.com/faq.asp?tabid=5

Scroll down to the section titled "All Season Friendly"

Old 08-13-2009 | 05:23 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Originally Posted by j-rod82
Umm.. maybe you need to contact them again and remind them what is said in their FAQ section on their website.

Here is the link to the FAQ http://www.bakflip-tonneau.com/faq.asp?tabid=5

Scroll down to the section titled "All Season Friendly"
LOL. I don't think that BAkFlip actually owns that website, but I'll be sure to forward it on to them. Bakliner.com is the corp website.

Old 08-13-2009 | 05:31 PM
j-rod82
Rookie

Originally Posted by oldjeep
LOL. I don't think that BAkFlip actually owns that website, but I'll be sure to forward it on to them. Bakliner.com is the corp website.
Well their site definelty gave me the perception that it was the manufacturer's website. Silly me I guess, however I would still bring that up.

Old 08-13-2009 | 05:53 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Did that and I'm also contacting JC Whitney to see if they will honor the warranty.

Have a good product and I'll tell someone about it. Have a crappy one and I'll tell everyone

Last edited by oldjeep; 08-13-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2009 | 09:15 PM
Frouburg
Professional

Wow, that does suck... not only does it say that hail isn't a problem, but you should also throw the warranty section back in their face too... I would sure consider that it is a defect when they claim the HD can withstand all of the elements.

Quote:

Warranty

What is the Warranty on the BakFlip? The BAKFlip G2 Tonneau Cover has a 1-year warranty against any defects in material or workmanship. The BAKFlip HD Tonneau Cover is backed by a 3-year warranty. This warranty is offered directly through the manufacturing facility at BAK Industries. BAK Industries takes pride in the quality of the BakFlip Tonneau Cover. That is why the highest quality of material available is utilized to go into these covers. Unlike most lifetime warranties that have loopholes, BAK Industries' comprehensive warranty covers *******ly all components!

Old 08-20-2009 | 06:59 AM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Been a week now since Lauren said someone would call me with some ideas on how to fix my dented BakFlip, and suprise - no call.

JCWhitney said there is nothing they can do if the manufacturer is denying the warranty, so basically I'm screwed.

Old 08-20-2009 | 09:24 AM
rolltidehemi
Captain

Originally Posted by oldjeep
Been a week now since Lauren said someone would call me with some ideas on how to fix my dented BakFlip, and suprise - no call.

JCWhitney said there is nothing they can do if the manufacturer is denying the warranty, so basically I'm screwed.
We have numbers on this forum, i was about to pull the trigger on one of these, but now maybe not. I think we need to start a thread to have everyone flood them with emails in re to this and let them know that individually we were considering a purchase but now are changing are minds due to bakflip not honoring their warranty and claims of the product, even if the website is not theirs, I am sure they had to sign off on what they were claiming. This may not do anything but I think if we were able to get dodge, ford, and the other truck owners to jump on the bandwagon via their forums, the prospect of dipping sales may force their hand, just a thought. I for one will send an email today. On my last truck I had an ARE fiber lid, after a year a crack in the paint along the edge developed and the painted started looking like fish scales, took the place of purchase, they sent it back to the manufacturer and they painted and returned it 3 weeks later no questions asked. 3 months later the crack returned in the same place, took it back, they sent it back the manufacturer and they sent me a new lid with an updated seal, carpet under the lid and lights with an apology, I will always recommend ARE to anyone, I like their product but would like to use the bed instantly without any help of removing, only reason why I am not buying one again. sorry so long.

Last edited by rolltidehemi; 08-20-2009 at 09:28 AM.

Quick Reply: Bakflip HD - not so HD