4th Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 4th gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bakflip HD - not so HD

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2009 | 06:32 PM
oldjeep
|
Champion

I'm not going to involve insurance or attorneys, it's not worth it for an $800 cover. If I went through insurance I'd have a $500 deductable on the claim, not worth the bother and I do not believe that the cover denting so easily is the insurance companies problem. As for the lawyer, I'm not a fan of the sue happy society we've become and I'd waste more time than the cover is worth.

The contact info I used was the contact us link on their webpage
http://www.bakliner.com

I started here and Lauren was the one who responded. At no point did I ask for a replacement, I asked how to repair it. At this point the only thing that would change my opinion of them is if a new one magically wound up on my doorstep.

I'm not suggesting that anyone contact them on my behalf, and I'd prefer you didn't. If someone really feels the need, please act like a grown up.

Except for complaining about it, I'm pretty much done dealing with them. I posted the complaint here, and on the tow rig forum of an offroading board I frequent as a warning to others. I'm not planning on plastering it all over the web.

Old 08-22-2009 | 08:05 PM
T_Kizzle

I planned on buying one before the winter. Not anymore. I e-mailed them through the "Contact Us" page on their website. I will be telling everyone I work with not to buy one, regardless of what kind of truck they own.

Old 08-22-2009 | 11:59 PM
RamPhreak
Professional

Originally Posted by oldjeep
I'm not going to involve insurance or attorneys, it's not worth it for an $800 cover. If I went through insurance I'd have a $500 deductable on the claim, not worth the bother and I do not believe that the cover denting so easily is the insurance companies problem. As for the lawyer, I'm not a fan of the sue happy society we've become and I'd waste more time than the cover is worth.

The contact info I used was the contact us link on their webpage
http://www.bakliner.com

I started here and Lauren was the one who responded. At no point did I ask for a replacement, I asked how to repair it. At this point the only thing that would change my opinion of them is if a new one magically wound up on my doorstep.

I'm not suggesting that anyone contact them on my behalf, and I'd prefer you didn't. If someone really feels the need, please act like a grown up.

Except for complaining about it, I'm pretty much done dealing with them. I posted the complaint here, and on the tow rig forum of an offroading board I frequent as a warning to others. I'm not planning on plastering it all over the web.
That was YOUR money and YOUR trust that you invested. You really should be more angry about it and not ask them how you can fix it but more so how they plan to fix it. I never meant to suggest "sueing" them just obtaining a legal opinion. Not all attorney's need to sue someone to get results. Often times a mere phonecall or letter does the trick. Sometimes class action suits appear and are always designed to protect the consumer. That is not "sue" happy people....it is more about people getting tired of getting ripped off. I appreciate the contact information and will let them know they have lost another customer.

Old 08-23-2009 | 06:43 AM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Originally Posted by RamPhreak
That was YOUR money and YOUR trust that you invested. You really should be more angry about it and not ask them how you can fix it but more so how they plan to fix it.
True enough, but they've made it pretty clear that they are not going to fix it.

Old 08-23-2009 | 08:08 AM
plumcrazy73
Captain

They are going to do that to try and back you down.

Old 08-23-2009 | 11:01 AM
Sobomaster
Record Breaker

Another reason for an Undercover.

Old 08-30-2009 | 11:47 AM
oldjeep
|
Champion

Originally Posted by Sobomaster
Another reason for an Undercover.
Didn't really care for the undercover. I use my truck to haul pretty often and need something that can be folded out of the way.

Back from about 3500 miles of vacation/taking the kid and his car to college in Montana last week. No additional emails from BakFlip in that time.

Last edited by oldjeep; 12-11-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-30-2009 | 03:50 PM
09ramnirvana

Well....
I was just about to "pull the trigger" on a Bakflip tomorrow.
After reading this thread. I am not. I am surprised that they would not take care of this instance after they have sold 1000s of units.

You cannot buy that kind of advertising.

Andy
Ontario Canada

Old 10-27-2009 | 03:08 PM
jeremys88
Rookie

Called Lauren and had mentioned that I was shopping around for a cover but this thread had bothered me and I wanted to hear why they wouldn't honor the warranty.
She said something about how they called a dealer in the area and that the dealer said that every cover in his lot was damaged, not just Bakflip, and that they cannot cover an act of god blah blah, but they do still honor their warranty, just not in this case..
She was definitely trying to exaggerate some facts and points, like "if there the customer says there is pea size hail, but golf ball size dents, obviously something is fishy and we can't cover that". Then I mentioned that he had posted pictures and that it was clearly pea sized dents. She was just acting dodgy..the phone call definitely cleared things up for me; won't be getting a Bakflip.

Why market the HD as something that is specifically made to be hardcore and seemingly invincible against weather elements if as soon as they have a problem with one (hail), they blame it on God and disregard the warranty?

Old 10-27-2009 | 03:19 PM
milkman1371
Professional

I almost ordered a plastic one. Glad I didn't. I am telling my two other friends in the market for covers to check this out....

thanks for the info!! several more sales in the crapper Bakflip... you ought to take care of the man... your losing sales left and right, and backwards...

Quick Reply: Bakflip HD - not so HD